PDA

View Full Version : LP cover

10-18-2001, 06:50 AM
??? at a gas stop near destin fl, a laby pulling an airstream ask me about my condo on wheels. she ask why i didn't have a cover for my propane tanks. she said in some states that it was a law to have them covered. does anyone have their lp tanks covered and if so where can i get some?

hal
10-18-2001, 01:42 PM
I have  neveer heard any restrictions such as a cover on the propane tanks.  There are certain states that do not allow one to enter a specific area, such as a tunnel, if you are carrying propane tanks.

Mine are covered but only for ease of keeping things clean.  It is not easy to dig into crevases for dirt.  I am using the type that comes with two halves or shells which are attached together with bolts and then slipped over the tanks.  For some reason, possibly because my bottles have been repositioned on the tongue, this cover was too tall and was struck by the roof when it was lowered.  I solved this by trimming off about four inches of the bottom edge.  The second flange was left on the covers.This allows for strength of the shell and also allows the roof to barely slip by without striking the top edge of the cover.

hs