PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Hills State Park

edweidig
09-05-2006, 01:03 PM
I went to the big Swing Dance affair in Dallas this past weekend. Stayed in my camper in Cedar Hills State Park, between Ft. Worth and Dallas. It is a well kept park located next to Joe Pool Lake with lots of level shady sites, immaculately kept shower rooms, tables and fire rings at each site, and hookups for most. I didn't have sewer, but many of the sites do. There are two dump stations if you get a site without the sewer connection. I'd recommend it to anybody wanting to stay in the DFW area.

It rained pretty hard Monday morning. First chance to check my Trailmanor for leaks. Am happy to report none after a thorough and detailed examination. Also happy to report that true to advertising, the unit was folded down with nothing inside getting wet. Me on the outside was a different story!

The down side of sleeping in the sandwiched construction of the unit however was the sound. You don't get the pitty-pat of rain falling on a tin roof sound. It's more like a splat splat on your back patio sound. Oh well - -, some of the compromises we make to get the conveniences we want!

I might add that due to the rain, I was forced to slow down on the road and with the accompanying cooler temperatures able to turn the air conditioning off in my car for most of the trip home. The net result being a 14.8mpg trip, what I normally get not pulling the trailer.

The picture from the back of the TM is looking towards the lake. It's hard to make out, but it's there.

mjlaupp
09-05-2006, 04:00 PM
A lot of TM camping under the trees has told me that:
"pitty-pat" is the sound of rain on the roof.
"splat splat" is the sound of rain water dripping off of the trees.
Mike

BrigCA61
09-07-2006, 12:20 PM
I can attest to that, edweidig. Cedar Hills SP is a lovely place. We have spent a lot of time there fishing and walking the dogs. Unfortunately we never had a chance to camp since it was during our pre-TM days. However, living just a mile from Joe Pool Lake, it was very convenient for us to spent time there. We especially enjoyed the Blue Bonnet's in the spring time. If anyone wants to be near the city's of Dallas and Fort Worth, yet feel you are out in the country surrounded by hills and green mesquite trees and a scenic lake, try Cedar Hills SP. I just wish we had full hookups and the quality of State Parks here in California. Wish I had known you were going there, edweidg, I would have had you check on our home there which is now rental property. Thanks for the report and great photos!