PDA

View Full Version : Any TrailManor Full-Timers?

08-13-2001, 11:30 AM
I just bought a 1999 3124King, and although I am not going to full-time right now, that is my plan. Wanted to know if there were any full-timers out there using a TrailManor as their home, and if so, how is it? Does it hold up to the demands of full-timing? I would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Paul_Heuvelhorst
08-14-2001, 05:50 PM
Darmis,
I'll offer my opinion... and remember this is just the opinion of 1 person who owned a TM for 3 years and traveled over 16,000 miles with it.

The 3124King certainly has plenty of amenities that lend itself to living in it for extended periods of time... However, remember, TM is manufacturered as a "vacation" trailer, not a "permanent home."  When you compare "vacation" trailers to the "higher quality" units intended for full-time living, you'll find substantial differences in the way the trailer is built and the quality of products used in them.  Check the RV Rating Book [www.rv.org] definitions of the various "levels" of trailers to verify my comments.

For us, the shower was inadequate to qualify for living in the unit for extended periods of time more than 1 week.  Since all TM's use the same bathroom/shower setup, no matter what size the TM is, I think you'd find it inadequate for full-timing... remember, this is just my personal opinion.

08-17-2001, 02:45 AM
Well...I'm picking up my 3124KS tomorrow  ;D. I'll let you know what I think of it after the weekend in Florida.

08-18-2001, 02:17 PM
Greetings Darmis

I have to agree with Paul.  The TrailManor is a great little vacation or weekend trailer.  My wife and I just got back from vacationing 15 days in Colorado and New Mexico.  We stayed in RV parks as well as dry camped for 4 days in a state park.  The trailer worked great for this short period.  The shower and bathroom facilities are small and we prefer to use RV or Park facilities, if available.  The storage is limited and would be inadequate over an extended period.  We love the TM and it more than meets our current needs.  However, we would move up to a conventional RV/Trailer if we decided to go full-time.  

Ed  

08-19-2001, 09:07 AM
8)brand new to this..having purchased a new unit from the factory last month, but at 6' tall and with the wife, we already know that beyond a week stay someplace, we would be chomping at the bit secondary to space.

08-21-2001, 09:58 AM
Well, I finally picked up my 3124KS. It is all I had hoped for and more! You are right about the shower, but I'm sure I can adapt too it. I've actually lived in smaller spaces before, and I don't require a lot, so the space is fine...just need to do something about the shower. Has anyone heard of anyone outfitting the shower with a telescoping skylight? It doesn't seem to unreasonable. any ideas?

08-22-2001, 12:34 AM
As far as the skylight in the shower goes, doesn't the front half cover most of the bathroom area when the TM is closed down?
Five of us just spent 2 1/2 weeks in our 3124KB.  It was used mostly for sleeping and supper, and it was a little crowded, but for 2 people, it's more than enough room.  The slide-out version would be even better.

08-22-2001, 06:12 AM
Well...I was thinking of a "pop-off" skylight that could be removed when collapsing the top, and latched on when in use.

08-24-2001, 02:45 AM
The 3124 would certainly be large enough for my wife and me to full time in. I also am a backpacker so it is hard to find a shower that is too small. If you feel the shower area inadequate the shower head reaches out the window where there is plenty of room  :D. This would be best while boondocking of course. Our family of four will be spending next summer in the Trailmanor on our trip to Alaska and in many ways I find the TM has more room than my 31 ft class A motorhome had.
Best of luck to you if you decide to full time.

08-26-2001, 02:26 PM
Seems a common complaint of spending much time in the TrailManor is the shower. (I didn't like using mine either).

A month, or so ago, I received the details of a modification for the shower that really looks nice. (I haven't done it yet,,,, but I will). If anyone is interested, let me know, and I will e-mail the gentleman that sent them to me, and ask him if he minded if I gave out his name and e-mail address. I'm sure you will find it well worth your time.

Mack

08-27-2001, 02:35 PM
;D

My husband and I would also be interested in the gentleman's name that modified the shower in the Trail Manor.   We don't own a Trail Manor(we have a Towlite) but feel his modifications might be applicable to the even smaller shower area  in the Hi-Lo/Towlite 1901.    Always looking for ideas!   Thanks.      

You can give him my E-dress   [email protected]

08-27-2001, 06:36 PM
Hello All

I e-mailed the gentleman about his shower mod. He seemed more than happy to share it with anyone that is interested. For some reason, I don't feel confortable with posting his name and address, so I would rather just pass it on to who ever asks, on a one-on-one basis.

I believe I did share it with all of you that asked so far, so, if I did forget to answer someone, (or sent it to the wrong address), please forgive, and ask again. I'll his info to you as soon as I can.

Mack

08-28-2001, 09:48 PM
I really would appreciate the "shower" info.  I either haven't been to the place where you posted it or missed it.  Could you please send it to me?

Sinclue
08-29-2001, 01:54 PM
We'd like to get the shower info also.  
Thanks

08-31-2001, 06:12 AM
we would also like the shower info. Thanks, Jesse

09-03-2001, 01:18 PM
I'd also like to know the e mail address for the gentleman who has suggested modifications for the TrailManor shower
area. You can contact me at [email protected]

10-26-2001, 10:04 AM
:)  A comment re the questions about full-timing: we bought a 2001 2720SL last June and have full-timed in it for going on four months. We couldn't be happier. We also full-timed in a FourWheel pop-up truck camper for five weeks this fall, so the Manor seems HUGE! We expect to use a campground's facilities from time to time, and also are ex-backpackers, so storage is no problem. Just gotta decide between "need" and "want." To us that is part of the challenge and fun. Also, we bought cheap but nice looking and lightweight plastic dishware for the hanging cabinet and it is not heavy at all.

At any rate, thanks for the GREAT website!! Trailmanors remind me of our old Volkswagen van: everywhere you go, anyone else who has one is an instant friend! We traveled 8,000 miles this summer, and saw only one other Trailmanor. Introduced myself to the owner, and INSTANT FRIEND! I love it.

Phil

2swans
10-27-2001, 01:08 PM
::)Me,too? me, too? may i please have the address of the man wiith the modification. my email is [email protected]. many thanks!