PDA

View Full Version : longevity

grouchy66
11-01-2001, 12:46 AM
Hi,Just curious, what is the average life expectancy of both the trailer & the appliances?My pending deal on a used 2619 (2000 model)fell through so I may look for an older unit.Thanks,Don M.

arknoah
11-02-2001, 12:54 AM
Hi.  While I don't have a definitive answer, I thought I would give you a few comments.  How long a unit lasts depends on a number of  factors.  I know that lots of trailer owners use their units a lot during the first year, then perhaps a little less in succeeding years.  In our case, in our first year, we used ours for a three week vacation to Cape Cod, and two 3-day weekends in campgrounds, and six 2-day weekends during this season. There may be people who use their units only this much in two or three years.  

Some factors that may affect how long they last are
where do you camp -- mostly in campgrounds or in more remote areas?
How much do you use the appliances?
How well do you adhere to maintenance schedules?  These are just a few things I think you might want to investigate when looking at older units, as well as how the people (if a personal sale) you're buying from seem to maintain their cars or houses.  If their car looks like it hasn't been well maintained over the years, chances are their trailer won't be either!

If you can get more definitive answers, perhaps from the factory or others, I hope you will share them on this board!

F.J. & Ellen