PDA

View Full Version : Phrase Searches

RCCBV1
07-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Chris:
Is there some way to do a search for a phrase? I have found that the current search method provides to much information. The last phrase I tried was "Front Hitch". This gives me all of the threads that have either the word front, or hitch in them. There is so much information on the forum, this would help me find it in the least amount of time.

Thanks Rob

Freedom
07-28-2006, 07:42 PM
I have wished the same thing many times. Back in the day when I first got into computers, (my first was a TRS-80) if you wanted to keep a phrase together for a search, you put quotes around it. I tried that here and it doesn't work. In fact, with quotes you don't even get the words you're looking for! Bummer!

rtcassel
07-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Go to google.com and click on advanced search.
Type in the phrase on the "exact phrase" line.
Type trailmanorowners.com on the "Domain" line.

B_and_D
07-28-2006, 08:44 PM
rtcassel - Wow, that's great information! I just tried it and it worked! Thanks for sharing. This is a keeper for me, I've bookmarked this post.

Dee

Freedom
07-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Outstanding!!!

Bill
07-29-2006, 07:27 AM
That truly is outstanding! Never would have thought of it. Love this board!

Bill

RCCBV1
07-29-2006, 08:10 AM
I am still amazed at how much information and good old fashioned smarts are found with this group.
Rob

Bill & Lisa
07-30-2006, 10:00 PM
If you are using the Google tool bar, you can enter the phrase with " "s and from the drop down next to the search button choose "current site" and it will do it for you without having to navigate away or open a second browser window. ....you also don't have to type the domain name everytime this way. \\Bill

RCCBV1
07-31-2006, 10:54 AM
I installed the Google tool bar, and it truely is amazing how well this works. Thanks again for all the help and information.

Rob