PDA

View Full Version : What is the "scoop" in the ceiling?

Bill
12-20-2001, 07:47 AM
Our new 2720SL has a scoop mounted on the center of the interior ceiling, right where the two halves meet - just aft of the cutout for the roof-mounted A/C. It doesn't seem to have any purpose other than to get in the way. Any idea why it is there?

12-23-2001, 07:36 AM
Bill,

What "scoop" near where the roof shells come together. I don't have a clue. My '98 version of the 2720SL doesn't have one. Maybe it's something new. I know if the 2002 2720SL has a roof mounted AC, that is a new. Previous versions only had the option of a side mounted AC located adjacent to the stove or optional microwave and across the from the sink.

Anyway, Happy trails.......George

Bill
12-25-2001, 04:09 AM
Here is a quick pic of the scoop, taken from the doorway of the trailer. It is open on the aft side (left in the picture).

12-25-2001, 04:13 AM
Looks like it is to direct airflow forward. I need something on my 3124 but it would have to be about 10 feet long.

Chris_Bauer
12-30-2001, 01:20 AM
John's right. I was at the dealer in Rockport, TX yesterday and went through the new models (2002). All have roof air now on the front section and that scoop is a reflector for the air to the back of the TM. The extra cabinet space is great. There are some minor additions such as a cabinet spacer with drawer which sits between the stove and the wardrobe (was new to me), and a spare tire mount under the TM towards the front.