PDA

View Full Version : Campgrounds near Yellowstone Gyser

USAFCOP
07-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Well, I figured I would ask here.

Does any one know of a good campground near the old faithful gyser entrance to yellowstone that has free wireless internet available?

We are trying to plan a vacation to yellowstone in conjunction with a trip home, but I have to have internet to finish my school stuff on the last weekend in August.

Any help would be appreciated

Magdefrau
07-09-2006, 02:09 PM
We camped at Grant's campground within Yellowstone Park. I'm rather sure the internet connection was not availible. But, they were making big improvements and this could be something easily done that folks would like. Check the web site for Yellowstone and call them up. Yellowstone is so big, to stay outside the park limits your time to visit and explore the park. Even staying at one of the park's campground for five days my family only saw a tasted of the wonders of this amazing nich.

wbmiller3
07-09-2006, 02:15 PM
We stayed in a KOA in West Yellowstone, Idaho. It was a nice facility. I don't know about wireless internet but should be easy to check on their website. Decent access to the park from there. This was about five years ago.

Paul_Heuvelhorst
07-09-2006, 06:46 PM
We stayed in a KOA in West Yellowstone, Idaho. It was a nice facility.
According to some campground WiFi info I have available, the KOA in West Yellowstone provides free WiFi service.

LandonFamily
07-09-2006, 08:19 PM
We are at this minute at the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone. There is high speed internet access, but it's not free. The campground is nice, no pool but a playground, small store, very clean bathrooms. The place is completely booked right now, so it's pretty crowded. I'm guessing they're pretty popular, so I'd make your reservations right away.

Caroline

Bill
07-10-2006, 06:18 AM
We camped at Grant's campground within Yellowstone Park. I'm rather sure the internet connection was not availible. Yellowstone is so big, to stay outside the park limits your time to visit and explore the park. I have to agree with both statements here. My wife and I recently spent 2 weeks in Yellowstone, camped at Fishing Bridge. I searched in vain for an Internet connection within the park, and every place I asked assured me "No Internet anywhere within the park!" Although I didn't have it at the time, I now have a small "wifi finder" that should make the search a lot easier next time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833139006

And as Magdefrau pointed out, Yellowstone is very big. It takes a long time to drive from anywhere within the park to anywhere else. Last summer we spent 5 days there, again based at Fishing Bridge, and found that we just didn't have time to get to all the things we wanted to see. We told ourselves as we were leaving that we had to come back and spend more time. Our trip this year was the result. Two weeks was about right - any more would have been (for us) entering the realm of overexposure.

Bill

USAFCOP
07-11-2006, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the replys.

I am just looking for an excuse to use the TM, I still have not taken it out yet. School and work at the same time kills any free time you ever thought you had.