PDA

View Full Version : Tm Commode

JERR_C
07-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I Am Going To Go On A Trip For The First Time With My 1997 31/24, My Problem Is How Do I Get Water To Stay In The Commode, It Does Not Seem To Be Very Sanitary Not To Have Water In The Commode, Hope Someone Can Help Me With This.

Jerry Hayden

Bill
07-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Leon -

I think he may be asking why there is no water in the bowl, as there is in a household toilet.

Jerry -

Assuming I am right, the answer is that there isn't supposed to be any water in the bowl. Each time you use it, you flush it, and the bowl is rinsed clean. Then the bowl dries. All the water and "stuff" is contained in the tank below the bowl. Most RV toilets and marine toilets work this way.

As Leon said, you should use a full 8-oz bottle of a good toilet chemical (I like his choices, BTW) to deodorize and to some extent disinfect the rinse water.

Bill

B_and_D
07-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I believe that my manual suggests that you put some tissue in the bowl before using the Thetford toilet. This helps solid wastes flush more easily.

rpcoombs
07-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Ah so Grasshopper! The meaning of life is torn between wet, dry and "producing" both with or without toilet paper!!! Don't you just wish (retirees only) to be back in the jungle of business/academic life just once for a minute again?!! I hope not. I love it now (and the folks on this forum). Cheers, Dick