PDA

View Full Version : Minivan Tow Mirrors

02-07-2002, 01:02 AM
We purchased a 1987 Trailmanor 26 last September. We are planning on towing with our 2000 Pontiac Montana minivan.

Can anyone recommend a type and/or brand of tow mirrors that they found effective for towing their trailmanor with a minivan

Thanks!

Steve La Corte :)

2swans
02-08-2002, 01:31 AM
steve, i won't be your best source of info, as we own a toyota land cruiser, not a minivan. but i do know my husband couldn't see to change lanes, etc. the first time we towed our new TM. i researched towing mirrors--we even ordered a pair of the huge strap-on kind which fit on the doors. but we sent them back, when the manufacturer said we would get the BEST vision with a product called the Universal Towing Mirror. this seems to be a newer product. we ordered a pair for about 55.00 and hubby says they work great for towing. no more vision probs. plus they are of very good quality--not the run of the mill mirrors that attach to existing mirrors.(although they attach to your vans mirrors, they are extremely well fastened). you could check them out at http://www.rpminnovations.com.  click on "Universal Towing Mirror". it is part # 11960. i don't know  if these would be best for you, but they work fine for us--and were half as expensive as the huge side mirrors.  happy trails!  sally swan

Paul_Heuvelhorst
02-08-2002, 03:17 AM
We have used CIPA slip-on mirrors on 3 vehicles in the past 5 years... 1st was a '92 Ford Aerostar, 2nd was a '97 Ford F150 4x2 (towing our TrailManor) and presently a '00 Ford F150 4x4 (towing our 2002 Tahoe).  We have been very happy with the CIPA product and find them extremely easy to install and remove (60 seconds per mirror).  

They are available at most RV suppliers, including Camping World for about $50/pair.

Best wishes in your travels.

02-08-2002, 03:20 AM
 You might want to take a look at McKesh Mirrors. You can find them at www.hensleymfg.com

I haven't used them myself, but I hear nothing but good about them. Have heard, or read, no complaints, only praises.

Hope that helps
Mack

02-08-2002, 10:01 AM
:D  Hi Steve,   We own the McKesh Mirrors.  We bought them last year right after we bought our TM.  All I can say is they are the best!  ;D They are a llittle pricey :( but they work so well that every penny spent on them was worth it.  I ordered them over the internet from  www.hensleymfg.com. We got them in a weeks time.  They are easy to install and remove.  They don't rattle on rough roads.  just my in put on them.  If you don't buy them, I hope you find some as good or better.  Don't think better can be.  check the net site and see for yourself.  Hope I helped a bit.   Can't wait to get on the road again this spring.    bett

MMARFISI
02-11-2002, 02:43 PM
I will second (or is it third?) the info and suggestions on the Hensley mirrors. They are without a doubt the absolute best towing mirrors out there. Have used them and love them!

Mike

02-13-2002, 12:33 AM
Many thanks to everyone for your quick responses!
I will try the Hensley mirrors.

Bett and Mike, did you also purchase the convex mirrors also. Would you recommend them?

Thanks again! :)

Steve

arknoah
02-13-2002, 03:30 AM
One particularly good thing about the Hensley mirror (and others, I suspect) is that I focus the driver side mirror to let me see far back in the left lane for lane changes, and use the right mirror to look a bit back, but more to focus on the lines on the road so I can keep mysef centered.  In effect, I try to use all four mirrors when I drive and find when I don't, I feel a lot less confident.

You won't go wrong with the Hensley product, and I have only the flat mirrors, and not the convex ones.  Good luck!

F. J. & Ellen

02-13-2002, 09:13 AM
:D we also just have the flat mirrors. I think that is all that is necessary. We use the truck mirrors with the McKesh mirrors and they work terrific. We thought about the convex mirrors but at last min. changed our minds. good luck!!! ;) bett