PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee 2006

BobRederick
06-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Jubilee 2006 is in full swing. The campground is packed with TMs. I'll try to attach some photos.

Catawbalea
06-27-2006, 08:45 AM
What a line up! I hope everyone is having fun. I printed the pictures to show my equal half, hope that's ok.

BobRederick
07-02-2006, 06:57 AM
I would like to post my impressions of the Jubilee '06 while still fresh in my mind.

The Jubilee was beyond description for me. Many of you know that my wife passed away in Feb, following a long autoimmune battle. I am trying to rediscover life alone. It was very, very tough planning for this trip and going ahead and starting out. Driving is tough with no one to chatter with. I have dated and there was no feeling of romance.

Here at the Jubilee, everything was planned ahead. We had awesome hikes in the rockies with different things to see on each hike. Always some flowers. Always Pikes Peak in the background. Always nicely groomed trails. Always nice company with just too much to talk about and shoot photos of. And Dave & Marilyn who planned and guided the hikes knew every bird and flower.

The last morning, as I awoke, I was impressed with a book I had read, "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. Colorado and the Jubilee is what the eternal heaven is going to be like -- seriously. Meeting new friends and old friends. Going places. Doing things. Attending entertainment. And the earth will be unspoiled as when Adam was created. Check my Columbine photo attached and you will get an idea of what I mean.

I also have to say that of several autos and campers and parts for them I purchased before, I never was inclined to hug the dealer. That happened here as well. The Colorado Car Company owners are something else. They were constantly roaming the campground fixing little things for people and did a great job adjusting the lifts on my TM. Now I have to relearn how to open it, to prevent it from hitting the stops too hard!!

Last but not least, I felt romance again. It happened at the Flying W Ranch where a huge group of us arrived early enough to visit all the little shops before the show. She was so pretty that I swear the flowers in the meadow would turn to watch her go by!

What more can I say.

Bill
07-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Bob -

Congratulations on finding romance again! I hope it works out just perfectly - keep us posted!

By the way, I was aware that you are a photography bug. Can you tell us which camera you used for those close-ups of the flowers?

Bill

BobRederick
07-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Bill & All,

I use an Olympus C750 which has 4 MegaPixels, 10X zoom with macro built in. The tiny veined flower was about 1/2" from the lense. The columbine was about 1.25" across.

Catawbalea
07-02-2006, 08:02 PM
We have the same camera, so no wonder we liked your pictures! Thanks for the Jubilee news. You are the only one heard from so far and we have been waiting.

Bill & Lisa
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Here are some pictures from the Jubilee!

Wild Life

Bill & Lisa
07-05-2006, 10:26 PM

Sites to see

Bill & Lisa
07-05-2006, 10:27 PM

Group shots

Bill & Lisa
07-05-2006, 10:30 PM

TMs!

I have run out of room so that is all of the photos for now.

Catawbalea
07-06-2006, 05:45 AM
Thanks, deer, fish, and feathers - and TM habitat and inhabitants, too. We have been looking forward to more pictures.

hal
07-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Hello to all TrailBlazers.

It hardly seems that the Jubilee has been concluded almost a week ago. The week of the Jubilee surely flew by quickly. I am presently sorting pictures that were downloaded at the Jubilee. A quick tally shows that I have received more than 3,000 pictures, most of them so beautiful and reflective of the week, each would make a beautiful calendar. I realize so many of you are wanting to see pictures on this site. I randomly selected a few for your enjoyment.

You may also have wanted to know some statistics for the Jubilee. First of all, there were 97 registrants (92 TMs and a couple S.O.B.s a few people stayed the week in cabins, and two people dropped in from out of the area. Including children, there were 210 people all fired up and raring to enjoy themselves in the Garden of the Gods Campground and the many attractions that were within reach of the campground. One 179 people attended the Air Force Academy banquet, 154 people prticipated in the Flying W. Guest Ranch barbecue and 122 enjoyed the antics at the Melodrama. 34 Ladies with Attitude and Red hats attended the Red Hat Tea. (35 was the limit allowed). Participants of the Jubilee were from 29 states.

Once the pictures can be sorted and placed into some type order, you should be able to download them from an internet site. At the rate I am going, this might not be until the Jubilee in 2009. Based on the pictures I am seeing, many people at the Jubilee spent their days visiting the numerous attractions that were within each reach from the campground.

Now is I can figure how to upload them to this site in a smaller size. If these pix come up less than spectacular, it is not the photographer's fault. Only 2,297 pictures to go.

Hal