PDA

View Full Version : Door County, WI

Grouse
06-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Heading that way in August. Any recommendations?

State Parks don't seem to have any availability. Without knowing anything considering Baileys Grove in Baileys Harbor or Frontier Wilderness in Egg Harbor.

Denny_A
06-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Heading that way in August. Any recommendations?

State Parks don't seem to have any availability. Without knowing anything considering Baileys Grove in Baileys Harbor or Frontier Wilderness in Egg Harbor......stay to the Western side of the door. Either Egg Harbor, Fish Creek (entrance to State Park), or Ellison Bay (Nothern end).

We stayed at Harbour Village (Carlsville) which is 5 miles North of Sturgeon Bay. Harbour V. has a GRRReat pool and 2 huge water slides. I was with RPI so it cost $8/day. Non members pay around $30+/day. It's gated and guarded. Getting around is so quick that no campground location is too isolated from the attractions.

Here's a CC listing of businesses in the Door. All Campgrounds and links to those which have a web page.

http://www.innline.com/doorweb/yellowpages.asp?stub=1

Thumbnail below is the pool at Harbour V.

HTH - Denny_A

Grouse
06-24-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the great link!

Finally found a web site for Harbour Village. Looks like a nice RV community. Non-members $45/night which is a bit more than I was hoping to spend.

Denny_A
06-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the great link!

Finally found a web site for Harbour Village. Looks like a nice RV community. Non-members $45/night which is a bit more than I was hoping to spend.......is not worth $45. Haven't been there for about 3 yrs and didn't pay close attention to what non-members paid when we were there.

Hope it all works out well for y'all.

Denny_A

jkeck555
06-18-2007, 03:18 PM
WI state parks are required to have a certain percentage of sites non reserved. For most of the parks they make those the non electric sites. Peninsula state park has electric no reserve sites. If you are arriving Sun-Thur afternoon you will be able to get a site without a reservation. If you are arriving after Thursday noon I wouldn't take the chance. I now you have already taken this vacation but others could use the info.

MidwestDave
06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
More information on Wis. State Parks...you need to purchase a state park sticker to camp at any Wisconsin State Park. A $30 annual fee is required.
We made a resevation thru Reserve America for a spot in Kettle Moraine State Park with just electric hook up and it was $28 per night plus a $10 handling charge for the reservation. The parks I have seen are very nice and clean. The spot we had was semi secluded and had a large area around TM plus a fire pit and table. The bathhouses were just 100' away and was no problem. It was very nice and I would go back.

Midwest Dave:cool:
Quad Cities USA Illinois

mgoblue911
06-19-2007, 12:40 PM
We stayed at this campground a couple of weeks ago. We had a terrific site, shaded, E/W, large, and private. The restrooms/showers here are incredibly clean and well maintained. The park was clean and quiet. We drove around the park, and would have been happy with almost any site they had. If going, give them a call, as the staff was very attentive and knowledgable about their campground. We enjoyed our long holiday weekend here very much.

Good luck.

http://www.wagontrailcampground.com/