PDA

View Full Version : Mountain View, Arkansas

Magdefrau
05-29-2006, 05:32 PM
We are back from a quick, but big trip. Many years ago my wife and I visited Mountain View Arkansas' State Park's Folk Center. They have a few old time crafts and eateries. It was as good this time as last. We also went twice to Blanchard Springs Cave, another Arkansas State Park close by. No camping at either place,so we staied at The Ozark RV Park. There are alot of RV Parks at Mountain View. This one was fine, it had everything we needed and it was next to the Folk Center. A walking trail to the ticket gate. The people running the park were the greatest. Thier church service was God sent.
The music was Banjo Blue Grass through out your visit. I liked it just fine, my son is showing interest in it. After all these years of piano practice he sees he knows about music and has opputunities to branch off into another direction with his music. My daughter just rolled her eyes at the hick music, but I smile because I will see her look at this type of family/religous culture later in her life. I tell this to describe how a small TM and a family weekend adventure is fun. Our Grand Caravan did fine pulling our TM through the hills. Up the hill was slow. Down the hills was slow. Third Gear and 2.5-3.0 RPMs. No damage to the drive train I'm sure. No it's not the Rockies or other of the tallest mountains, but they do not make road any steepper. I found that driving slow we saw more deers or at least didnot hit them. We even saw a bear at night. I found myself driving at night again. I would like to prevent this but we do talk and visit alot while driving on lonly dark Ozark roads
Everyone wants to know about our TM. The factory needs to send us a box of fliers to hand out. It seem big behind my van but it is small parked next to the big riggs. I think people see it as cosy and simple to maintain.
Thats all.

Freedom
05-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I scanned the flyer and have it on my laptop so I can print them and hand them out when people ask about the TM.

edweidig
05-30-2006, 09:01 AM
I went to a rally recently where the hosts had a box of brochures. We each took several so we could hand them out to curious campers. I have only given two so far, and I will never know if they sparked even more interest in TM's, but it is always possible we'll have another happy TM camper down the road sometime.

Glenn in TN
07-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Our Grand Caravan did fine pulling our TM through the hills. Up the hill was slow. Down the hills was slow. Third Gear and 2.5-3.0 RPMs. No damage to the drive train I'm sure. No it's not the Rockies or other of the tallest mountains, but they do not make road any steepper. I found that driving slow we saw more deers or at least didnot hit them. We even saw a bear at night. I found myself driving at night again. I would like to prevent this but we do talk and visit alot while driving on lonly dark Ozark roads

Your right about those Ozark highways. When these were built, all they had the werewithall to do was cut down the trees and lay asphalt on the mountains.

We towed our 2619 with a 97 Dodge Gran Caravan with a 3.3l V6.