PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR camping

radiojon
05-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Has anyone ever taken their TM camping at a NASCAR race??

- Mark

Magdefrau
05-06-2006, 09:29 PM
I think I would like to with my family. I was told from a friend his experience was that it was not a family enviroment.

Debian Dog
05-07-2006, 01:43 PM
The only positive thing I could say is... at least you have hard sided walls. Still do not get the whole NASCAR thing. I have been twice (free tickets) left early both times.

LOTS OF :new_all_c :new_cussi :new_argue :new_Eyecr

midlifecrisis
07-07-2006, 10:49 AM
I have been to a few NASCAR races in my popup camper. It is anything but "back to nature" camping. I wish I had hard sides when I'm at the race. The generator noise alone is deafening.

Magdefrau
07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I think I would like to go with my son, maybe wife and daughter. Is there any way to do this and be family camping.

barbarat
09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Before we got our TM, we took a mini-Winnie to the Pepsi 400 in Daytona this last July. We had a blast but you have to understand and enjoy the NASCAR crowd. It was hot, hot, hot, noisy, exciting, fun, loud, boisterous, and a real learning experience (our first race that we stayed in the infield). We met great people and shared food, drinks and conversation. My one disappointment about the TM is that you can't stand on the top to watch the race (best seats available!). Generators do drown out generators and you know you want AC in Florida whenever you go. We are currently looking into the 2007 schedule to see what races would be the most fun. It's a real mixed group of fans so you have to understand that before you reserve a spot.

350xhilaration
07-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure if you mean camping "inside the track" or near a race, but we just got back from Watkins Glen State Park in NY and it was super. The Gorge Trail was worth the 5 hour drive. The campground is about 5 minutes away from the Watkins Glen Race Park.

tangell
07-19-2007, 09:55 PM
I have season tickets to Bristol and dry camp for about 3 nights for each race. I would definitely not call it a family environment, but it's not Hell's Angels either. Where we camp you can run generators 24X7 so you might as well have one because you are going to hear everyone else's. You definitely want AC for the August race. There are usually 4-8 of us that go, and we have a blast. There is definitely a lot of drinking going on, but most folks are pretty nice. I would imagine camping at a race would be a lot like Woodstock if ony Lynnyrd Skynnyrd and Molly Hatchet were playing. You'll also get tired of hearing, "Git 'R Done". If it were me, I wouldn't camp with children at a Nascar race. I would stay at a hotel close by. As far as the TM, it worked out great except for the small capacity of the toilet and fresh water tanks.