PDA

View Full Version : Shoe storage

04-16-2002, 01:43 PM
I know this is not the most important topic ever raised in this website but...where do you put your shoes? We each seem to have three pair (total 6 pair) that get stacked up by the door and are usually in the way on our 2619. So where should they go?

Dick_B

Paul_Heuvelhorst
04-16-2002, 05:56 PM
Except for the pair we were wearing (there are just 2 of us) we kept extras in the bottom of the wardrobe closet.  After trying this out for a couple trips, we bought a clear plastic container (like you use for under-bed storage at home) that was large enough to hold 6+ pair of shoes.  We stowed that on our back bed (which was our storage area).  ;)

We preferred to sleep on the front bunk... less claustrophobic for us.  :-/

RickNewcomb
04-17-2002, 01:02 AM
Because there are four of us (2 adults and 2 Children) in our TM2619, we can have from 8 to 12 pairs of shoes. Typically the children would store their shoes on floor where they took them off usually one shoe near the back bed and the other near the table. :-/

I decided to use a laundry basket to store the shoes. During the day, I store it on the front bed and at night I store it under the table which we make into a bed.

Because the storage space is limited, it is easy to shuffle the basket around instead of the individual shoes. The other benefit is the children enjoy shooting their shoes into the basket, so they tend not to leave them on the floor. ;D

Though I think the perfect solution to the problem would be a bigger TrailManor. :D

arknoah
04-17-2002, 01:24 AM
An interesting topic, but one we've probably all thought about.  We try to take off our shoes at the door so we track in less dirt and mud, but of course if you wear a pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals during the day, that's eight pair of footwear for four people, which really crowds the door area.  

We try to store the shoes we're not wearing at the moment in the cabinet next to the drawers that are under the wardrobe.  While it then removes that from other kinds of storage, since we have a larger unit, we already have a good deal of cabinet space, so it hasn't been a problem.  Our problem, is getting the kids (and sometimes, us) to put the extra pairs there instead of creating Mt. Etna at the door....

04-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! ;D  We store most of our shoes in the cabinet below the rear bed (Our M23 2720 has this).  Since I bought my camper used, I thought this might be a standard option, but I'll ask here.  At the bottom of my door, I have what appears to be an oak magazine rack.  We use it to store boat shoes or sandles.  Is this a standard feature or was it an add-on of a previous owner?

Gary

arknoah
04-17-2002, 09:07 AM
The little magazine rack came with our 2001 model....

2swans
04-19-2002, 06:43 AM
some large-sized sandals can be stored on top of the closet(about 4 pair). also, we store in a 6-comp. shoe rack hanging on the right side of the closet(like paul), and in the lower portion of the cabinet under the bed at rear, like one other responder. but for sandals, we can't beat the top of the closet! 2swans