PDA

View Full Version : Campgrounds near Gulf Shores Alabama?

gjc-99
05-01-2006, 08:39 PM
We are considering a trip to Gulf Shores this summer. We would appreciate any campground recommendations or other suggestions you might have.

2blueranger
05-02-2006, 03:04 AM
We've camped at Gulf Shores State Park a couple of times. I don't know if the last hurricane damaged it, but it was really a nice park. Happy Camping

kempert
05-02-2006, 05:14 PM
GSSP is open. I bypassed it in February because I figured it was still closed. Later, I met a couple in Panama City who had stayed there and they said it was really nice. I know that it looked real bad a year ago but they've done a great job in fixing it up.

I also like Big Lagoon SP in FL (just over the border). It's right across from Perdido Key which is part of Gulf Islands National Seashore.

Glenn in TN
07-17-2006, 08:31 PM
We stayed in the state park camping area. The price was below $20 with sewer. We were disappointed in not getting to have a campfire, but overall the trip was great. We did almost drown in the gulf, but that's another story. We were there 2 months before Ivan hit a couple of years ago. I think that storm torn down the gulfside hotel rooms and the resturant building. I think they have planned a great renovation. I'm not sure what Katrina did last year. I heard the Alabama shoreline was spared much of what Mississippi got!