PDA

View Full Version : Need to understand some options available

calauw
04-30-2006, 09:52 PM
HI. I am new to the forum and plan to go and place an order for a 3326 TM tomorrow. My husband and I have decided to take the leap into RV'ing and since tomorrow is my 57th birthday, it's a great day to start a new adventure!

I was on the TM home page and decided to "build a Trail Manor", but I am unsure of what a couple of things are and whether or not I want/need them.

I need to know what a "microwave box/w drawer" is? Is this just a rectangular box with a drawer under it that a microwave can fit in? Is there a particular place it fits in the TM?" Any explanation would be be appreciated.

Also, I need to know more about what the "Rear Bike Receiver" is. Is this a receiving hitch with a bike carrier attached? You can see that I am totally in the dark on what these things are....PLEASE help if you can.

I have enjoyed reading this forum and have made my final decision to purchase strictly due to this forum. The salesperson I am dealing with is very unknowledgeable and we are teaching him.

Any words of knowledge will be considered...Anyone with a used 3326 King out there that is in great condition??????? Please let me know quickly since I am ordering new tomorrow:) :) :) :)
Thanks for your help.

Cathy
Baton Rouge, La

04-30-2006, 10:01 PM
The microwave box is a box with a drawer that fits between the wardrobe and the stove top and the microwave oven sits on top of it. The microwave will not fit in it and the microwave and box must be moved before the bed can slide in.
The bicycle receiver is a 2" square receiver hitch mounted to the rear of the TM. It is generally not suitable for pulling trailers but can be used to mount a bicycle carrier, luggage rack, etc. I don't think the rack comes with it. As an option some TMs came with a toaster/microwave in place of the gas oven, thus eliminating the need for a separate microwave. You might like to have both though.

mjlaupp
05-01-2006, 07:56 AM
I don't think that you want the microwave box with a 3326. The box is designed to fill the low section of the counter between the range and the wardrobe in the smaller TMs. The 3326 has the range on the street side and the entire counter between the dinette and the wardrobe is low.
Mike

calauw
05-01-2006, 10:58 AM
I certainly appreciate all the quick informative replies posted. I will not be buying either of those options because they will not do what I had intended for them. Thanks for helping me out there.....and for the birthday wishes...:new_bdays This is a great site:) ;)

Donde1
05-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi Cathy wellcome to the site,

Any words of knowledge will be considered...Anyone with a used 3326 King out there that is in great condition??????? Please let me know quickly since I am ordering new tomorrow:) :) :) :)
Thanks for your help.

Cathy
Baton Rouge, La

We are looking for a good home for our 1993 3326King.
It's in excellent condition. It's as if it had been sitting on a showroom floor for 10 years, and used very little for the past 3 years. The counter tops look new, all the appliances look like they were never used. AC works great. We are only asking what we owe on it, $9500.00

cmc211
05-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Hello I have the microwave combo and like it because I do most my cooking outside. Its not very powerful and won't pop pop corn but for what I use it for its great. I did get the seperat drawer also. Its handy for me. i have it setup next to the wardrobe cabinet as an extra drawer. You will love the 3326. We love ours

rjent
05-01-2006, 08:04 PM
HI. I am new to the forum and plan to go and place an order for a 3326 TM tomorrow. My husband and I have decided to take the leap into RV'ing and since tomorrow is my 57th birthday, it's a great day to start a new adventure!

I was on the TM home page and decided to "build a Trail Manor", but I am unsure of what a couple of things are and whether or not I want/need them.

I need to know what a "microwave box/w drawer" is? Is this just a rectangular box with a drawer under it that a microwave can fit in? Is there a particular place it fits in the TM?" Any explanation would be be appreciated.

Also, I need to know more about what the "Rear Bike Receiver" is. Is this a receiving hitch with a bike carrier attached? You can see that I am totally in the dark on what these things are....PLEASE help if you can.

I have enjoyed reading this forum and have made my final decision to purchase strictly due to this forum. The salesperson I am dealing with is very unknowledgeable and we are teaching him.

Any words of knowledge will be considered...Anyone with a used 3326 King out there that is in great condition??????? Please let me know quickly since I am ordering new tomorrow
Thanks for your help.

Cathy
Baton Rouge, La

Hey Cathy!

We have a 2005 3326 we are reluctantly selling. We used it on an extended trip to New England Last year, and a couple of other trips in Colorado and New Mexico. This trailmanor is like new. Most options. We are pulling our Corvettes around the country going to shows and are using a Class B for lodging and towing. We just aren't using the TM. $25000 (reduced from $26000 4/28/2006) firm, NADA books it at $27000. We will deliver it for expenses to anywhere in the continential US. Will send pics on request. The trailer is in New Mexico. It is like brand new and you could save a few bucks! I will bring it to you! :) You can call me at 505.894.7494 W 505.894.7493 H 505.749.7633 Cell

Storm Wootan
05-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Hello Cathy
I am from Pineville Louisiana.
We had look online at TM for months
We went to Primeaux RV on the Corner
I-49 & Hwy182-Exit 7
Carencro
Go there.........
Look at them they will open and close them for you
show you everything about them they can order you
whatever size you want..
Talk to Steve he is the best go see the TM..
He bent over backwords for us..
Ask Questions...
We were looking for a used one too.
Got a new one Saturday love it......
He got me what I wanted....
Stocked it up and we are ready to go..
I was so worried about towing it home with my suv........ .
The only thing I had to worry about was my husband Driving
to fast home...
Storm/\/
3124KB LOVE IT :) :)

calauw
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
We did order a new 3326 Monday. It should be in at the end of the month according to the factory rep......We did go to Primeaux and agree it was a good experience. Did you order and did they have what you wanted on the lot?

Hope we meet each other during out TMing experiences.:) :)
Cathy

tucsoncarol
05-04-2006, 05:18 PM
We have a 3326K that we love beyond all reason. We feel it is more "home" than our home. We hope you will love yours the same way. My birthday was monday, so I think that's a great way to spend the day. By the way, we got the rear hitch receiver and the hanging cabinet but not the microwave cabinet thingie. We love the hanging cabinet but never have used the rear hitch receiver.

calauw
05-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Hey Tusconcarol,

May 1 is a great day isn't it:cool: :cool: :cool:

I think we will really enjoy. Since you have the hanging cabinet, did you have to intall a light under it due the cabinet creating a dark area:confused:

Is there enough room in the "living room area" to inflate a queen sized blow up mattress:

See ya on the road, hopefully.

Storm Wootan
05-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Cathy
we found one on the lot we fell in love
We wanted a 2720sl but when we saw the 3023
we wanted that..
Then saw a 3124KB that was it love it....
yes got a hanging cabinet
and mic. drawer ..
and stove cover..
It is hard to say what you need till you get in there and camp...
The reason we got it is I ask and they gave it to me no extra charge...
write me [email protected]
thank you Storm/\/:o :o :o

Doug W.
05-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Hello I have the microwave combo and like it because I do most my cooking outside. Its not very powerful and won't pop pop corn but for what I use it for its great. I did get the seperat drawer also. Its handy for me. i have it setup next to the wardrobe cabinet as an extra drawer. You will love the 3326. We love ours

I have the combo oven in place of the gas oven in mine and popcorn pops in it just fine. I wish I had the gas oven from dry camping, but it is nice to not have to mess with carrying a microwave.

cmc211
05-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I have a 3326K and see no need for a light under the hanging cabenit. There are 2 lights over the sik/counter areathat provide plenty of light. Congrats!! Longest part is waiting for them to build it. My dealer told me they only build about 6 3326's a year. Thats why they are never on the lot.