PDA

View Full Version : successful shakedown!

dennisu
05-28-2002, 01:24 AM
we took our new 2001 purchased three weeks ago out to northern iowa and what a success!  only non working item was one of the lights up front which will be easy enough to fix.  toilet had no smell, and the suggestion of the sewer solution was great.  this board made our first trip ever pulling a trailer a total success and the trailmanor was exactly what we thought and hoped it would be.   people who own or are buying and do not know about this site will miss out on a lot of great information and experiences.  the set up and take down was done in front of audiences since no one had ever seen the trailmanor in action.  i think my wife and i represented trailmanor  :)well!  thanks again!!

dennis

hal
05-28-2002, 01:38 AM
Dennis, many people are fooled into thinking they have a problem with the lights in the front.  Actually, there are two ways to control them.  The first is by way of the individual switch on each light.  The other.... and this could be an answer to your "problem", a switch that controls them all together at the same time and is located on the side frame of one of your vents.  Mine is black and round.  If the switches are turned on on any of the front lights, you can turn them all on or off at the same time using this switch.  It saves me having to climb accross the bed in my 2720.

Hal

dennisu
05-28-2002, 07:58 AM
hal    

i had the problem you are talking about during my initial shakedown lookover on the driveway, and after a call to the dealer he told me about the switch in the vent up front.  my problem is when you place the bulb in the socket and push down it lights up but when you turn the bulb to seat it into the socket the two prongs on the bottom of the bulb are then not aligned with the socket in order for it to work.   will need to take it apart and see if i can change or rotate the socket to let the bulb seat in the appropriate place.   thanks

dennis

Happytrails
05-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Welp Dennis, I guess that's what makes this place special.....sometimes you contribute even when ya think you're not.........lol, when I get mine out on the road, I guess now I gotta deal with "audiences"..........lol!