PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone know of a Screen Room For a TM

06-08-2002, 12:20 PM
I have a 1998 2720SL, does anyone know of a Screen Room that will work with this Model?  I Believe I have the new type of awning, with the support arm built into awning.

If you know of one, about how much does it cost and how much hastle is it to install and use?

Thanks,

Dave

Bruce
06-08-2002, 12:55 PM
Dave,
The manufacturer of your awning, Fiamma, makes a screen room for your awning. That is the good news.
The downside is that it is expensive and, like most screen rooms, a bit of a hassle to put up.
They have a showroom and parts supply house here in Orlando. Their # is 407-672-0091. Give them a call and they will send you a catalog. They probably have a website also.

Bruce

Chris_Bauer
06-08-2002, 01:38 PM
Dave,

The Fiamma website is:  www.fiamma.com

Check out their screen room and the cool accesories they have for the awning like a 12V motor for auto open and close.

You can also order a catalog on-line.

Chris

mwgraham
06-22-2002, 11:48 AM
DavidLee,

Checked with our trailmanor dealer here in Tomball, Texas.
:D Good news is yes, there is a screen room for a fiamma awning. I saw it at the RV show we had here in Houston, Texas. It looks really great and is of high quality material.
:-[ :oThe not so good news is that it cost $750.
I talked with the owner at the dealership and he told me (in order to make me feel better) that if the weather is nice the room works well. But if it is very windy or the weaher turns bad, the room is more of a pain than it is worth. Apparently it is not just a snap here or a little velcro there, it is a little bit of a chore putting it up and taking it down...

06-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Thanks, I was getting the impression the screen room would be more trouble then the $750.00 it cost.

Dave

arknoah
06-24-2002, 05:06 AM
Actually, what we've chosen to do instead is to purchase a screen house and put it up near the door to the unit.  It cost only about $60.00, and provides a screened in area for our picnic table, etc, and only takes about 1/2 hour to put up.  Clearly, it isn't as convenient as having an attached screen room but it gives us the relatively bug-free sitting and dining area we wanted.

06-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Posted by: F. J. and Ellen Posted on: 06/24/02 at 1:06pm
Actually, what we've chosen to do instead is to purchase a screen house and put it up near the door to the unit.

FJ and Ellen:

May I ask, do you still use your awning?  Or do you leave the awning closed and put the screen house up right outside the door?

I chose to purchase a screen house due to the cost of adding a screen room.  I will be trying it for the first time when we go camping in July.  Just curious as to how it seemed to work best for you.  Thanks!

Gary

arknoah
06-25-2002, 03:13 AM
What we did last summer during our longer vacation was to put up the awning, and put up the screen house a little away from the unit, say, centered on the rear half of the trailer, with one of the door flaps facing the door of the trailer.  The screen house was about 6-7 feet away from the trailer, so it didn't provide protection from the rain when going from the trailer to the screenhouse, but I also didn't bump into the sides of the screenhouse whenever I walked around the unit.  

What I wanted was an outside area we could sit in or have a meal in and keep ourselves from getting bitten by bugs.  The screen house did the trick.  

06-25-2002, 06:56 AM
That's exactly what my thoughts were, but wanted to see if anyone had any better ideas!  Thanks so much!

Gary

2swans
06-26-2002, 07:56 AM
a separate screen room is what we had been thinking of. one with sides that lower for privacy would be nice--anyone know of one like that, offhand? thanks, 2swans

06-26-2002, 05:30 PM
... one with sides that lower for privacy would be nice--anyone know of one like that, offhand? thanks, 2swans
You could check out EZ-UP (ezup.com).  I have one of the original EZ-UPs.   Cost me a small fortune about 10 years ago and I've replaced the canopy once.  This model is sturdier than the models you find at the warehouse stores.   But the warehouse store models are a lot less expensive, weigh less, and as long as you fold it in the thunderstorms, it'll be fine.   EZ-UP has a lot of accessories, such as screen enclosures, full enclosures, etc.  It may depend on the model.  I can't tell if you can put both the screens and privacy panels on at the same time, but if it's like mine (I have three-sided privacy panels, more for sun protection) they should work together as the panels just velcro-loop to the frame of the canopy.

In any case, I'd suggest going with a darker color canopy.  I replaced my white canopy with the dark blue and it is quite a lot cooler underneath.

2swans
06-27-2002, 01:32 AM
thanks, i'll look into it.
i know a way to make your screen rooms/screen houses cooler 8)--velcro a  light-weave cotton muslin   cloth across the top inside of the structure, from frame to frame, sides and front to rear. this creates an air space and keeps it much cooler. we had a german- made custom tent for our VW camper, and it came with this piece of material. it hangs with a very slight bow, about 2-4" of space between it and the inner roof. this one attached to the poles/frame with plastic 3/4 round clips, which had enough "give" in the plastic to clip over the poles and spring back to hold.
appreciate your help.
2swans

06-28-2002, 07:12 AM
I purchased this one through EBAY.  Can't say I've got it setup in 90 seconds, but within 2 minutes for sure!

Gary

2swans
06-28-2002, 11:17 AM
gary,
that's a good product.it even withstood a 50 mph wind on the san juan river once. one pole was stretched a little, but quite fixable. we had one exactly like it(greatland) for several years, and _would you believe-sold it last year in a garage sale. now we have the TM, and might just get another. thanks for sharin' the pic.

arknoah
07-01-2002, 01:17 AM
2swans,

I'll look into the muslin suggestion.  Is the idea to create a small space at the top of the screen house where all the warm air can go, or did I read it wrong?