PDA

View Full Version : TrailManor Specifications Water/black water/gray water?

jim_p
10-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I just came back from visiting the TrailManor Web Site and they do not specify the size of the fresh water tank or the Black water tank. They do specify gray water tank as 30 gallons. Is this a big secret or did they overlook basics? Would like to know the size of these tanks as it affects the weight of the trailer. Sometimes I have had to travel with tanks that could not be drained at the campground. I have the brochure and it has almost no information on specifications. Appreciate any information on 2720 SL or SD.
Thanks

RockyMtnRay
10-06-2005, 08:13 PM
I just came back from visiting the TrailManor Web Site and they do not specify the size of the fresh water tank or the Black water tank. They do specify gray water tank as 30 gallons. Is this a big secret or did they overlook basics? Would like to know the size of these tanks as it affects the weight of the trailer. Sometimes I have had to travel with tanks that could not be drained at the campground. I have the brochure and it has almost no information on specifications. Appreciate any information on 2720 SL or SD.
Thanks

The standard fresh water tank is 20 gallons. Some models (e.g. 3023) can be equipped with dual fresh water tanks for a total of 40 gallons. The 2720SL and SD can not be equipped (at least not easily) with a secondary fresh water tank due to the front slide design. The standard fresh water tank on these models is under the sink.

The toilet is a recirculating marine type toilet which has a maximum internal capacity of around 6 gallons. It drains directly into the sewer outlet pipe and therefore neither needs nor has a black water tank.

Because the toilet is of the recirculating variety...and needs no fresh water for each flush, the trailer does not need to have nearly as large a fresh water supply as an equivalent sized trailer that has a standard RV flush toilet.

jellis
10-06-2005, 08:50 PM
Having just bought a new 3124KB, I can sympathize with your frustration over the lack of info in factory publications and knowledge (sometimes) from dealers. The good news is that this is a GREAT product; you just have to find the right sources for information.To answer your questions, there is no "black water" tank in the traditional RV sense. The toilet is a recirculating type, meaning the same water (chemically treated) is recycled until you dump it. This type of toilet has been used in corporate jets for decades and it works just fine. It is initially "charged" with three gallons (some use a little less), plus a liquid or powder toilet chemical, and will hold about six gallons of combined charge and waste. It dumps in pretty much the traditional way.

The standard fresh water tank holds 20 gallons, but there is an optional 40 gallon tank which I ordered. I would never have known about it except through this forum; neither the website, brochure nor several dealers knew about it.

The current brochure does give the standard fresh and gray capacities. However, be aware that there are a number of additional features/options that are never mentioned in the literature. IMHO, the factory wastes entirely too much typeface talking about taking "time to relax and forget about cares, or just make the most of a sunny afternoon," etc. They could better use the space to inform potential buyers of what their product will do and ALL the options that are available. You can't make an intelligent buying decision without it, and no one tells you if you don't know to ask.

TM has a great story to tell. They just need some new copywriters who understand what comparison shopping buyers need to know. Their saving grace is the Customer Service manager, Ed (can't remember last name; getting both old and curmudgeonly, I guess), who is very knowledgeable and helpful. You can reach him at their 800 number.

End of sermon.

If you get really interested in TMs, by all means, invest in this forum. We saved a bunch of frustration, money, time and aggravation here and ended up getting the right trailer for us.

Jon and Rita

fcatwo
10-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Possibly (probably?) the dealers want you to buy one of the units they have on their lot rather than special ordering a unit with a larger fresh water tank, larger axles/wheels/tires or other things that can't be easily added by the dealer. Trailmanor is probably sensitive to their dealers wishes if that is the case. The swing-around tongue is in the catalog but that can be retrofit by a welding shop for about the same cost as factory installed -- at least that's what a TM salesman told me.

Queeniereads
10-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Hubby told me that if we were to buy a different RV in the future, he would like to have the same kind of toilet we have in the TM -- we are very pleased with its design. ALso, two of us managed to dry-camp for 3 days on that one small water tank. Of course, one must be creative, but we brought Poland Springs water with us for drinking. We also like the ease at which we can tow and set up. Happy looking! Queeniereads aka Judi

PopBeavers
10-07-2005, 07:04 AM
The standard fresh water tank is 20 gallons. Some models (e.g. 3023) can be equipped with dual fresh water tanks for a total of 40 gallons.
My 2005 2720 has a single 40 gallon fresh water tank under the street side dinette seat. It was an option. Standard was 20 gallons.

With no additional onboard water my wife and I have dry camped for 4 days, being only a little frugal with the water when washing dishes. We also used the campground showers and campground restroom during the day.