PDA

View Full Version : Members Map

hhoenig
09-30-2005, 11:33 AM
I know there was a map showing the location of the members who wanted that info made available. Has that map been deleted or am I doing something wrong? I can't find it.
Henry

B_and_D
09-30-2005, 02:20 PM
That was a feature of the old board layout. It's not on the new board.

I miss the member map - it was fun to see where everybody was from. As I recall there was one member from Africa on the map (not sure if this was real or just bad aim while placing the pin).

B_and_D
10-29-2005, 08:52 PM
I just found this at the RV.net board - check it out...

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/16422405/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

Can anybody figure out how to set one of these up?

ameridan
10-30-2005, 08:37 AM
I suggest that Chris (forum admin) paste this link as a "sticky note" so it is easy to find. I will serve as map admin Chris, unless you wish to take over later.

Trailmanor Owners map (http://www.frappr.com/trailmanorowners)

It is very easy to add yourself.

pbuck1
10-30-2005, 08:44 AM
...and then there were two...

Great find!
And thanks for setting it up, Ameridan!

Paul

2bcs1jrt
10-30-2005, 08:47 AM
I just found this at the RV.net board - check it out...

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/16422405/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1

Can anybody figure out how to set one of these up?

That's pretty cool. Could that be done on this site?
Cheri

2bcs1jrt
10-30-2005, 08:49 AM
I suggest that Chris (forum admin) paste this link as a "sticky note" so it is easy to find. I will serve as map admin Chris, unless you wish to take over later.

Guess I should have read further :o
Cheri

ameridan
10-30-2005, 01:12 PM
OK, I figured out how to delete duplicate shoutouts.

From the FAQs: 5. Oops, I messed up my shoutout. How do I fix it?
Contact your Frappr admin. He can delete your shoutouts too!
[ Send me a private message, and I can delete the problem shoutouts]

6. How do I add/update a photo?
When you add yourself to the map, you can select a photo to upload. If you forgot to do it the first time (or need to change it), add yourself to the map again (upload a photo this time), and your new photo will be used instead

[I figured out that if you are changing / adding the photo, it makes you add shoutout again, but you can just use one blank space instead of the whole comment again]

BrigCA61
10-31-2005, 01:23 AM
I just added myself to the map and hope everyone else does too. Would be an easy way to find others who live nearby for a group campout sometime.

I agree, the admin needs to add the map link where it can be easily found.

Thanks for setting this up and posting it, Ameridan!! :)

One question. It appears when I put myself on the map, it asked for me to upload a photo so I uploaded the same one, now it shows 2 of the same photos on the photo index for me. Should I have not uploaded it again? If not, can you please delete the duplicate one for me, Ameridan? Thanks!

Brigitte

ameridan
10-31-2005, 04:44 PM
You are all set Brigitte. So where do the dogs sleep?

BrigCA61
10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Thank you, Ameridan. I noticed you removed my dup. photo when I checked to see if there were any more new members on the map today and was pleased to discover like 24 now. This is very cool!!

The dogs sleep where ever they wanna sleep, of course! LOL..don't ya know that the Trailmanor is is actually a very big kennel (and an expensive one at that!)?? What we don't do for our four-legged companions and from the looks of it on this list, there are more then a few who couldn't agree with me more! lol

The little fella actually snuggles up under the covers with us in the bed and the bigger guy sleeps on one of the sofas at the dinette although he too would like to hop up in bed with us but I'm scared that with his 80lbs we'd exceed the limit on the bed and we'd drop through to the floorl.:eek: By the way, does anyone know what exactly the weight limit is on the bed?

Brigitte

genesc
10-31-2005, 08:33 PM
By the way, does anyone know what exactly the weight limit is on the bed?

Brigitte

If I remember correctly, I once heard Bill Husley say that the bed can hold 1200 lbs.!

genesc
2005 3326 King, 2002 Olds Bravada

Senorsedona
01-29-2006, 05:24 PM
I posted my picture etc, several months ago. Everything was OK, now my picture is there but the sticky for Sedona AZ. disappeared. ??? Just wondering how to get it back on the map.

Bill & Lisa
01-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I believe the default is to show 50 "markers". There should be a link at the bottom of the map that you can select to "show all entries" and you should reappear.

Bill

Debian Dog
02-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Cool! Added myself :p

BrigCA61
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Are you both the handsome couple from Austin pictured atop of Enchanted Rock?

Also, welcome to the group! Wishing you many happy camping trips!

Brigitte