PDA

View Full Version : Battery service

cmc211
08-17-2005, 06:19 AM
You put distilled water in a battery when its low. right??

cmc211
08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks Leon!! I'm heading to Garner ST Park this weekend. Its my favorite!! Dave

Larry_Loo
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
cmc, when it comes time to replace your TM's storage battery, consider buying an absorbed glass mat (AGM) deep-cycle battery. With an AGM battery there's no electrolyte levels to maintain and no hydrogen gas being vented as most are equipped with gas recombining caps. They aren't messy and there is no acid leaking out the top to corrode the battery's pan and adjacent steel parts.

cmc211
08-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks Larry. that sounds like a good Idea!!!

LittleBirdie
11-08-2005, 07:19 AM
so how do you know when you need to put more water in the battery? We had our in the repair shop for almost 2 months. It was outside in the hot heat of the wonderful summer days. When we got it back, I had to manually jack the trailer up and over the ball hitch. I figured no big deal, the battery need to be recharged. Well after having it plugged in for a while, still no juice from the battery. Should I check the water level or go ahead and get a new battery?

BobRederick
11-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Leon,
That is one of the nice things about the PD9160 converter. :) After 2 weeks on shore power, I find no bubbles in the battery and full to the level indicators.

Larry Loo,
I'm lazy this morning, but have read about AGM batteries on this forum.
Where does one get one?
Are they 12V?
How is their capacity compared to OEM?

PS. My Xantrex Link 10 amp hour meter came last night. When the cable arrives I can install it. (Toys, toys, toys!) :)

Larry_Loo
11-08-2005, 08:02 AM
Bob, here's a link to Concorde's Lifeline, deep-cycle AGM batteries:

http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/

Select what information you wish from the pull down menu that appears when you left click on RV batteries. I believe that I purchased my 12 volt battery from the Concorde dealer in Azusa, CA. It's proven to be a very durable battery.

Goggle "AGM battery" and go to the Wind-Sun listing (I believe that this is how the firm is listed). You'll find a lot of information about the various kinds of deep-cycle batteries at this web site - although their focus is on solar electric applications.