PDA

View Full Version : Maxx Air Vent???

Ted Lehmann
08-03-2005, 04:08 AM
In order to reduce condensation, we're considering having a Maxx Air Vent installed over our Fantastic Fan. Does anyone have any experience with using a Maxx Air (or similar) vent on a TM? Has it helped to eliminate condensation in your rig? - Thanks.

Ted Lehmann - newbie to TM - experienced RVer

genesc
08-03-2005, 12:57 PM
In order to reduce condensation, we're considering having a Maxx Air Vent installed over our Fantastic Fan. Does anyone have any experience with using a Maxx Air (or similar) vent on a TM? Has it helped to eliminate condensation in your rig? - Thanks.

Ted Lehmann - newbie to TM - experienced RVer

This is a quote from Fantastic Fan website frequently asked questions.

[/DO YOU RECOMMEND VENT COVERS?
A. Vent covers restrict the airflow of your Fan-Tastic Vent by about sixty percent. In addition, covering your vent requires more frequent cleaning due to dust and dirt accumulation. Although we do not recommend any cover over your Fan-Tastic Vent, it will not void your warranty.]

genesc

ripp1202
08-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Try the the aero-flo they are made for it http://www.ventlid.com/index.htm The Rip :new_evil:

fcatwo
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
We have one of the regular RV vent covers over our fan so we can leave it open in camp and not worry about rain. I removed the screen on the cover however since the fan already has a screen. That let's it pass a little more air but there is no question it works better without a cover.

mjlaupp
08-04-2005, 08:52 AM
I have the MaxxAir Fan Mate Model 800 installed over the Fantastic vent.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm?deptID=&subOf=51,16&skunum=13655
It does not appear to have any restriction to the air flow and has a screen and seals to keep the dirt out. I have the regular MaxxAir cover over the center vent. I installed it to cut down on the solar heat gain when the sun is directly overhead. In addition, I replaced the white vent cover with a smoke colored one.

MJL