PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken a TM to Alaska?

cmc211
07-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Has anyone taken a TM on the ALCAN Highway? Just curoius how she held up?

Frenchy
07-31-2005, 09:45 PM
I just got back. It held up pretty well however I got a lot of rub marks down to bare metal. I'm going to have to figure out how to repair them. The AlCan highway is pretty good in most places. The section between Kluane Lake and Tok had a lot of dips/humps/bumps that were hard to detect until you are on top of them. This makes for a humpy ride. I lost one of the center catches because of this and had to use wire to hold the top stationary after that. It is a great trip though.

fcatwo
08-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Frenchy

How about reviewing my recent post in the Camping Stories section about our Alaska trip earlier this summer and contradict, confirm, or add to what I said. We didn't go beyond Whitehorse this time so have no current experience with most of the northern areas. I'd particularly like to hear your opinion of how much time is required to make the trip.

Frenchy
08-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I am still trying to get back to normal after the trip. I will try to answer in a week or so.

dugb527
08-08-2005, 08:23 AM
This is my first day back at work from our 10,000 mile and 1,200 picture trip to Alaska from Kansas City, MO.

When recovered, I too will issue a report.

Doug