PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a new 3023

09-01-2002, 04:17 AM
Hi, just came over from PUT & am looking to
change my camper, too.  :D We looked at some TMs
yesterday & am goin' to a RV show next week end.
the 3023 looks perfect for us & was needing some advise on options. I read on a post that vinyl floors
are better than carpet ??? Plus any other advise on
up grades would very welcome.
Thanks,
P.S. We'll be selling our '02 Bayside,also. ;D
Location east bay no. calif.

Bill
09-02-2002, 09:35 AM
The dealer at the RV show will probably have a "show special" package of options. I'm never quite sure, but the show special might represent a saving if they are all options that you want. If I recall, one show special included roof air, awning, spare tire (yes, it's an option!), and TV antenna. I'm not sold on the awning, but I think the vote is split on that one. You probably don't want the TM microwave (I hear it is expensive) or CD player (ditto). I don't know if the 2-way (gas/electric) water heater is still an option, but if so, I think it is worth the cost.

Although the new darker carpet color will hide dirt better, I tend to agree with the posts that have suggested omitting carpet entirely, and using throw rugs instead. I may pull the carpet out of mine in another year. Quite hard to keep clean.

HTH

Bill

09-03-2002, 07:30 PM
I agree that the carpet is difficult to keep clean - especially with kids and animals, but it is nice when it's cool outside.  Throw rugs are ok if they are anchored down, but tend to "move" too much if not well anchored.

You might see if they have skirts as an option.  We bought a used 1995 TM earlier this year which had skirts that just snapped on  both front and back.  We didn't realize how much we'd use them until we started camping.  Most places don't want you to have a clothesline and you don't want to leave gear outside, but with the skirts up,  :Dyou can put a line up or store gear under your camper and it's out of sight.  They are also a great place to change from wet swimsuits.  The kids went inside the "tent" and after changing from wet gear into dry clothes, they hung their suits and next morning the suits were dry and the inside of the camper didn't get dripped on by wet kids.  

Just a thought to keep in mind if you are looking for "options".  Good luck.  Hope you love your TM as much as we do ours! :D

Rummy74

09-04-2002, 12:18 AM
Trailmanor just updated their website with info on the new 2003 models. One thing they have changed is that the carpet is now a berber carpet which is supposed to be much easier to clean and a little more rugged. Plus the granite-looking counter tops are ever so nice looking. I recommend everyone check it out...they said that they will be posting more pictures on the website in the near future. :)

Civil_War_Buff
09-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Yeah, I saw that today. They also have radiused the edges to give the unit a little nicer line. I saw that everything is still 2002, but it's nice to see the new units.

Happy Campin' <><

arknoah
09-05-2002, 02:35 AM
Wow!  I just checked out the Trailmanor company website and the changes made for 2003 are great!  Not only do they have the really nice slate decor (and thicker carpet), they also preserved the 2002 model front half air conditioner replaced the front reading lamps along with an outside phone jack, park cable hook-up, entrance door deadbolt lock, and pewter hardware on the cabinets.

Almost makes me feel a little ashamed to have an old 2001 model....*