PDA

View Full Version : 3 TMs spotted on the road in 4 days

kempert
06-23-2005, 05:54 PM
On the 21st, I saw a 2619 with what looked like KS tags on it in Buena Vista, CO. The TV was a white Ford PU.

On the 20th, I met a TM towed by a SUV on route 24 just west of Johnson Village, CO. I was merging onto 24 heading east so I didn't get a good look.

On the 18th, I met a TM on route 165 near Bishop's Castle, also in CO. I was heading south w/o my TM and got so excited that I pumped my fist up and down as we met. I hope I didn't frigthen or confuse anyone.

I did see another TM on I-70 (I think in MO) but I travel as much off the interstates as possible.

I've put close to 20,000 miles on my TM and have neever seen more than 2 on a trip.

Queeniereads
06-27-2005, 06:57 AM
We came across MA, NY and PA fro RI on Friday and saw not one TM, but we got lots of stares and fingers pointing at our lovely new 3124KS. We saw our first Hi-Lo in Elk COunty PA (north western) on Saturday, but no TMs. We hope to see more as we approach the real midwest. We purchased our TM in Hyannis from those great folks at MCD in April and have only seen one TM on the road ever. We saw one heading north toward Providence, RI in May on I-95. Happy camping, all. We are still figuring out where to put each item for the greatest convenience. It is comfortable and we are enjoying our new camper. Queeniereads aka Judi

B_and_D
06-28-2005, 07:43 AM
We didn't see any on our last trip either. When we're heading out, we always make a bet with each other as to whether or not we'll see another TM.

Mostly what we see (especially on I-5) are HUGE 5th wheels. There are so many of them; we always wonder where people find places to "camp" in them.

So far we've only been in one campground where we saw another one, in Big Sur. I see them once in a while when we drive by the local KOA, either parked there or coming in.

LandonFamily
07-02-2005, 02:45 AM
We just returned from a great three week trip in our TM. We were surprised to see several TMs on the road - we don't see them too often! First we spotted one on June 9 which was driving west on Hwy. 40 (we were headed east) somewhere between Barstow and Kingman. Then we met the nice owners of a TM at our campground in Fort Collins, who live in Colorado Springs. We saw a third TM on June 28 when we camped at Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon, but we didn't get to meet them. The licence plate frame on the TM said something like "Happy Camper RV" on it and it was from Texas, and I know we've had a poster here named Happy Camper.

It's so fun to pass a TrailManor, and even more so to camp in the same campground!

Also, a thank you to RockyMtn Ray, who suggested Hwy 6 as an alternative to I-70 and the Eisenhower Tunnel, and who posted photos. We took that route, and oh my goodness, it was so gorgeous and very thrilling. Ray, you're something of a legend to us, we kept hoping we'd bump into you somewhere in Colorado!

Caroline

calypso
07-02-2005, 11:08 AM
We have developed a bad habit of rubber-necking everytime we drive by RV dealerships, trying to find a TM. They are few and far between this far west (WA) and I wouldn't be surprised if we never saw another one in the campgrounds we intend to frequent. We have only had our 2720 a little over a month now and get quite a few stares when we are towing it or have it open in front of our house.

I received some brochures in the mail from TM when we joined the TrailBlazers and I intend to hand them out to anyone/everyone in the hopes that we might get enough new owners/club members to start our own chapter.

Paul Moulton
07-02-2005, 09:02 PM
We just picked up our TM 2720 SL today. It is a 2000 that looks brand new. Purchased it sight unseen from the Car Show in Colorado Springs. All of the positive comments about this dealership and Ken Hall (sales rep) are true and much deserved. We had the grand orientation tour from Kate and it is so nice to hear from a dealer who owns and camps in a TM.

I drove from Edmonton Alberta to purchase this unit. Bit of a cheat really as my wife Betty is working in Boulder for 7 weeks. As I drove down I kept hoping to see a TM. Nothing until the latter stages of Wyoming when I saw three within an hour.

We are prepping our unit and will camp our way back North after the fourth.

Look forward to many years of use and to meeting some of you along the way.

Special thanks to Hal and Pat Lawson for their very helpful information and for inviting Betty to see their unit in Denver.

Cheers,

Paul

RockyMtnRay
07-03-2005, 07:17 AM
I was at the Green Ridge CG on the shore of Shadow Mtn Reservoir (near Grand Lake, CO) last week and discovered there were two other TMs (both 3023s) in the CG. Chatted with both families and made sure they knew about our online community!

Also, a thank you to RockyMtn Ray, who suggested Hwy 6 as an alternative to I-70 and the Eisenhower Tunnel, and who posted photos. We took that route, and oh my goodness, it was so gorgeous and very thrilling. Ray, you're something of a legend to us, we kept hoping we'd bump into you somewhere in Colorado!

Caroline
Most welcome...happy to hear you enjoyed that rather stunning crossing of the Continental Divide via Loveland Pass. "legend", eh? <**blushes**> :o Sorry I missed you while you traveling in Colorado...maybe next time.

G-V_Driver
07-03-2005, 11:43 AM
In his own mind? ;^))

Don't lay it on so thick. I remember a couple of years ago Ray was actually wrong--well kinda wrong anyway--about something. Can't remember what. Doesn't matter anyway. Maybe a semi-legend.

fcatwo
07-03-2005, 01:56 PM
We were a month to Alaska and back mid-May to mid-June from our home in NW Wa. and didn't see another TM. I doubt there have been many up that way because we had several people come over and ask about our's or look inside in the various campgrounds we stayed in going and coming. The many Europeans we saw in Alaska and the Canadian Rockies were especially taken by it. They prefer small RV's of course and we found a whole bus-load of them gathered around our TM on our return to the parking lot at the Lake Louise Visitors Center. Also, our last two nights on the road were spent in a campgroung near Twisp, Wa and 6-8 people pulled up lawn chairs across the road from us to watch us close the TM. They gave us a standing ovation when we finished so I have to assume there isn't a lot to see or do around Twisp :-).

The same curiosity was generated by our loaded tandem bicycle during our week-long camping tour from Skagway, Ak to Whitehorse, Yukon and back. Many (mostly German, Swiss and Italian) had never seen a tandem and we did several short circle rides at pull-offs along the way so thay could take our picture. It's fun to think we are included amoung their pictures of odd things they saw on this continent.

On tent camping: I don't know anything that makes the TM's beds more comfortable than sleeping on the ground for a week and then moving back into the TM. No bed has ever felt so good.

murphyb74
07-12-2005, 01:58 PM
>>We saw a third TM on June 28 when we camped at Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon,

We were at the North campground in Bryce on the 28th with our 3124KB - it kept hailing that day! We saw another TM on July 5 in the Morrain campground in Rocky Mountain NP.

Queeniereads
07-15-2005, 05:25 AM
Just returned from a 2500 mile trip from RI to Ohio and back. Were gone 3 weeks and never saw another TM. We enjoyed our new TM 3124KS and think we are pretty efficient at setting up and packing down now. Need to write out an orderly list of tasks so we proceed in order. Happy camping all! Queeniereads aka Judi

Bill
07-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Judi -

You might consider one of the checklists in the TM Reference Library (TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else). They are very well thought out and very detailed. If too detailed, you could simply prune one of them to meet your needs.

Bill

TexasThunder
07-16-2005, 02:04 PM
Just returned from a 2700 mile trip and saw two TMs. One in Hard Labor Creek State Park in Georgia on July 4th and one south of Chattanooga on July 9th.

LandonFamily
07-20-2005, 08:56 PM
That must have been us you saw on June 28 at Bryce Canyon. We have a 2720, and we saw you! I wrote about it in this thread, a few posts up. I remember all that hail as well; that's not something we get a lot of in California so it was kind of fun. Bryce Canyon sure was beautiful; in fact our whole trip was great. We spent three weeks in Arizona, Colorado and Utah, and put 4600 miles on our Yukon. We loved every minute of it, and could have spent another three weeks on the road if it wasn't for real life (i.e. jobs) getting in the way.

Caroline

Pirkups
07-24-2005, 12:37 AM
We spotted a TM on US Hwy 93 on July 2, heading north on the west side of Flathead Lake in NW Montana. Both of us were so surprised to see one in our area that we didn't get a chance to look at the tow vehicle, license, etc...we have the only TM that we know of in this "neck of the woods". Just wondered if it was anyone on this forum! Hope you enjoyed your stay in Big Sky Country!

Senorsedona
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
I just got back from a great 4 week trip around CO. And we had no problems.

We spotted a TM heading north on I 25 around Engelwood June 17th(?) A pickup with a couple of ATV's in the bed. We waved, but we didn't have our TM behind us.

WE stayed at the Heron Lake RV park, in Fort Collins June 19 - 20. There were 2 other TM in the park, both 2720's. One was From Arkansas, I never did get a chance to talk with them. The other one one was a young couple with a tiny baby from Florida. Borrowing his fathers TM. His father lives in Colorado Springs. They were fun to talk with and eager to learn more about the TM and were going to tell his father about our owners forum.

By the way....Heron Lale RV park is ++++

calypso
07-26-2005, 10:53 PM
I just spotted a TM in a RV storage lot near my home in Vancouver, WA. It has not been moved for several weeks now so I don't know if it's been there indefinitely or just a couple of months. Thought I was seeing things and had to circle around and take a second look!

B_and_D
07-27-2005, 12:02 AM
The kids and I are on a road trip (without the TM), and we saw one in Williams off I-5, a 2720, last Thursday, and another today in Coburg, Oregon, parked in an RV park across from (I think) the Marathon factory.

I wonder how many more we'll see on the way home!

Steveandjulie
07-27-2005, 06:39 AM
We just purchased a 2001 2720SD and took it for it's maiden voyage (with us, anyway) last week. At the very first campsite we stayed out (Scottsbluff, NE KOA) there was another Trailmanor just a few spots down. Haven't seen any before or since.

Steve

skcerny
08-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Last onth we took a two week trip that started in Detroit and worked our way to the Outer Banks in North Carolina, then we crossed North Carolina to Cherokee, up to Mamouth Cave and then back to Detroit. We saw a TM heading west on the Ohio Turnpike and then we saw two TM's at Camp Haterass (SP?). I talked to the one owner (he had a 3124) and the other was a 2616 but never saw the owner. We did see several Hi-Lo's along the way. My wife was constantly on the lookout for other TM's!

Steve, Kelley, 2 kids and 2 greyhounds

Pirkups
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
On our return trip to Reno from Montana, we spotted a TM heading west on I-80 between Emmigrant and Wells, NV on Aug 26, about 3 p.m. PDT. We couldn't see the size, etc., but think it was being pulled by a black or dark blue SUV. Sure are few and far between!