PDA

View Full Version : Off to Montana

dlkcub
06-20-2005, 08:32 PM
On our new to us 1998 TM 3326 I've checked out all the appliances and got them working, greased the wheel bearings, installed 4 new Goodyear marathon tires, replaced the battery, and just came in from adjusting the brakes. I got new tires on the TV, checked the brakes, changed the oil, purchased and installed a WD hitch, and installed a prodigy brake controller. DW, the dog, and I are just about ready to head off to Montana.
The only thing left to do is replace the hold down latches but it doesn't look like the new ones will be here in time to replace them before we leave Saturday morning. I have a hold down strap that I will use to remove some of the pressure and stress from the latches. This should keep latches from releasing when I hit a bump. We have only been out twice since we purchased the TM. We stopped one night on the way home when we bought it and a local trip over Memorial Day weekend. Both times one of the latches released. The strap should help alleviate that problem until I can get them replaced.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for providing all the information to help get everything in shape ready to go. I’ll let you all know how the trip went when we return.

Dave