PDA

View Full Version : Hi from another newbie

TexasThunder
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Just want to say hi, and stop lurking, and to thank this great forum for all the useful information. Also, thanks to TexasCamper for welcoming me as well.

We picked up an old 93 3326K in Seguin, Texas a month ago. We've had one overniter and plan another weekend before we head out for a couple of weeks in July. It was a one owner trailer with all paper work, (original and history), even has brochures from 90-93 with it. The floor is wood which I'm assuming is not original, and the bed dressings and curtains match. Anyway it appears and has performed solid so far, and we would like to catch any weaknesses before July.

So far we've replaced the battery, and will soon replace tires and repack bearings. One of the connections on a propane tank will need attention as well.

Yes, the people next to us gathered around the picnic table and stared while we popped up. And on the way home, (I wasn't on the freeway 10 minutes), a gentleman was shouting at me about how that was the biggest pop-up he had ever seen. We pulled over at a rest stop, which I knew was coming up, and popped it up again just for him. I pointed him to Trailmanor.com and rvtraderonline, hopefully he has found him one by now. He was all fired up.

Anyway, its been a blast already, can't wait to get camping. :)

Queeniereads
06-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Congrats on your new acquisition! Yes, it is fun to draw the attention that the TM gets. Hope you enjoy it. We are new owners of a 2005 3124KS named IRIS and are looking forward to a trip to Ohio in late June. Happy camping and welcome! Queeniereads aka Judi

Larry_Loo
06-02-2005, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum, Thunder! When the occasion arises, we hope that you will find the maintenance and repair tips in the archives helpful. If you can't find what you're looking for, just post a message about your problem or dilemma and someone here may have the solution for you. When you say that your TM's floor is wood, do you mean that the visible part of the floor is made of hardwood? The structural part of the floor probably is a 3" thick foam panel with outer and inner skins of aluminum.

TexasThunder
06-03-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks Larry Loo.

I've been trying to learn as much as I can. I'm a little more mechanical than most and my husband is extra geeky, so we're doing okay so far.

Yes, that wood floor is the visible part, I thought it was pergo or something, but its real wood. There is a little ceramic entry, really small, but kinda nice. Someone did a good job on installing it. I guess the new floor weighs more, but I'm not sure.

The 1993 3326 has 13 inch wheels, and I don't recall reading much about that wheel size. Considering how long other design decisions on the tm last, why do you think the 13 inch ones had such a short life span?

BobRederick
06-03-2005, 08:33 PM
TT,

I was on the phone this week with TM Cust Support. Apparently the 3326 was modified to give it more ground clearance a few years ago. My '04 cleared some things my son's 26 foot Weekend Warrior hit. He had to put 2X4s down to raise the camper a bit to get over some burms that I cleared by 5 or 6 inches. Now I am not sure I need to raise mine. He has his in the shop now being raised 4 inches. So 13 inch ==> 14 inch tires was part of that change, no doubt. Mention was made of frame changes. I note that the TM location of water pipes is quite optimal right behind the tires. On a burm, the tire goes part way up before the pipes get to it. That helps a lot. The WW has the pipes about 5 or 6 feet in front of the camper tire and they came to the burm before the tires started to go up over it.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Bob