PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage a success!

Queeniereads
05-31-2005, 07:00 AM
We left RI for a weekend in Maine at Saco KOA. As some of you will know, we had a terrible accident in Idaho last summer and totaled our Grand Surveyor and TV. So, we are a bit gun shy on wind and sway, etc. THe 3124KS towed beautifully with the Equal-i-zer. We really did notice a difference between this rig and the TT we towed last year , esp. when trucks passed us. THere were three of us in the TM this weekend, and while it is a bit tight when cooking and trying to pass by to go to the bathroom, we were quite satisfied. Daughter appreciated our leaving the heat off so she could sleep on the sofa. We found that we could leave the bathroom door ajar and use the hallway near the wardrobe as an extended place to dry off and dress. THe shower and toilet worked fine. THe stove heats up very slowly, but I finally used the broiler setting to accomplish toasting the garlic bread. I watched it carefully! Hubby said the dumping of the black and grey water was much simpler than in last year's TT. ANd, I best loved the sound of the rain hitting on the top of the TM -- reminded me of the metal roof outside my window on the house we had in the 50s. Overall, it was a nice weekend, and we are pleased with our new TM. I also, must mention MCD (dealer on Cape Cod) and how well supported we felt before we even left the dealership in April. So, our next trip will be to southern Ohio for the National Model Railroad Convention. Happy Camping, all! And thanks for all the great info. on this site. Queeniereads aka Judi