PDA

View Full Version : junction box?

lynlpn
04-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I have an older model and was wondering if anyone had found the junction box for the tail lights. I was told to check behind the gray water tank and the back, that it might be there. Well all the wires run under my gray water tank never to reappear just wondering if it could be above the tank? :confused: I can only make one brake light work and think I have a bad ground in that junction box.I have replaced the 7 pin. Plan to reconnect and the champ connector under the bottom this weekend. And does anyone know if the battery has to be connected to get the lights to work? I am not planning to use DC power do I even need a battery??

Lynlpn 1987 22

Bill
04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Lyn -

Tail lights, running lights, brake lights, are all powered from the tow vehicle. No trailer battery necessary.

All interior living-space lights - ceiling lights, etc - are powered from the TM battery.

If you have one brake light that works, an one that doesn't, the problem is almost certainly in the bad side's brake-light socket. Assuming the bulb is good, then either the button contact in the socket is corroded, or the ground wire right there in the socket is corroded. Disconnect the TM from the tow vehicle, open up the tail-light fixture, and rummage around. I bet you'll find it.

Bill

hal
04-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't think there is anything such as a special junction box. The power for you lights, etc come from the tow vehicle and into the interconnect plug, then back into your trailer. The wires are then joined (not in a box) using wire nuts. The wiring for earlier models (late 80s & 90's) were connected under the trailer and just in front of the street side wheel. More recent connections are made inside the area below the refer by entering from the lower streetside vent.

Hal

ripp1202
04-08-2005, 03:03 PM
2004 3023 are under the sink under the hot water tank !!!!!!