PDA

View Full Version : Furnace Puzzle

Factor
04-04-2005, 10:51 AM
I brought my TM home from the cabin today and plugged it in. (I had removed the battery for the winter) I immediate heard a fan, went inside and the furnace fan was blowing. I checked the thermostat and it was the lowest setting. (The lowest setting is warmer than the day) I checked the book and looked around and can't find any way to turn it off except pull the fuse. Am I missing something??
John, Atikokan, Ontario (the Canoeing Capital of Canada)
2003 Montana AWD
2004 TM 3023

Bill
04-04-2005, 10:57 AM
TM changed the thermostat somewhere along the line, so I'm not sure that this answer will apply to you. On my thermostat, the temperature setting is accomplished by moving a flat metal lever that protrudes out of the top of the thermostat. Not easily seen is that there is a similar lever on the bottom of the thermostat, which has the on-off function. This thermostat, with the cover off, can be seen HERE (http://members.cox.net/wjeffrey/TrailManor/Thermostat.jpg)

Bill

Factor
04-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks Bill, but, my thermostat is different. Actually it warmed up to over 50 degrees today, that's the lowest setting on the thermostat. When I plugged it in, the fan didn't come on. I believe the only solution would be to remove the fuse.
P.S. Thanks for the picture info on your other post.

Bill
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks Bill, but, my thermostat is different. Actually it warmed up to over 50 degrees today, that's the lowest setting on the thermostat. When I plugged it in, the fan didn't come on. I believe the only solution would be to remove the fuse.As my son would say, "That bites, Dad!" I would put a small toggle switch right beside the thermostat, or maybe even IN the thermostat, with the toggle protruding. About a buck at Radio Shack.

Bill

YWORRYDOG
04-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Our thermo only goes down to 50 also. But you can push it (it will click) lower then the stop and that is the off posistion.