PDA

View Full Version : First trip in new TM 2720sl

rdmoreno
04-04-2005, 12:01 AM
We took our first trip to Puddingstone lake after delivery last week and all went well.
Due to the age of my truck and the first time using the TM we only went about 25 miles from home.
The truck did great and everything but the oven worked (pilot would not stay lit). I am posting some pictures.

RockyMtnRay
04-04-2005, 06:03 AM
We took our first trip to Puddingstone lake after delivery last week and all went well.
Due to the age of my truck and the first time using the TM we only went about 25 miles from home.
The truck did great and everything but the oven worked (pilot would not stay lit). I am posting some pictures.
Truck (and Trailer) look great...do I detect years of loving care? Truck appears to be perhaps an early 60s model...notice you still have the apparently original Yellow on Black California license plates. With an unusual trailer...and a classic truck...be prepared for lots (and I mean lots) of visitors when you go camping. :)

Check with the dealer about the oven pilot...the oven pilot flame detector doesn't use the standard electric thermistor type sensors so it's likely a problem with the pilot light assembly itself.

rdmoreno
04-04-2005, 02:01 PM
I am not the original owner and most of the work was already done when I bought the truck last year. The springs had been heated to lower the truck
so when we bought the TM I had a stock suspension put on. That is why the tires look a little small. The plates are original and the engine is the original 283 c.i. but I don't know how many miles it has on it. We are going to Hesperia lake in a couple of weeks and I will be going over Cajon Pass which is about 4,000 ft I believe. It will be a major test on the truck. We will be buying a newer tow vehicle at the beginning of the year so this is probably the longest trip we will take in this truck (I don't want to abuse my pride and joy). You are very correct about the TV trailor combo being a great conversation starter. We were at puddingstone from thurs - sun and we must have had at least 9 people inquire about one or the other.
As for the oven our dealer (Custom RV, Anaheim) told us to bring it in the next time we are in the area. This dealership was great and I would highly recommend them.