PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of new 2619 Sport

B_and_D
03-29-2005, 03:33 PM
http://adcache.rvtraderonline.com/3/9/4/77667794.htm

The pictures are kind of big, but you can see how the floorplan looks. I wonder if they are selling many of these.

Here's another set:

http://www.rvtraderonline.com/caddetail.html?/ad-cache/3/9/5/77802695.htm

mjlaupp
03-31-2005, 08:57 AM
I stopped by Carter's Camping Center to take a look (the 1st url) since it's on my way home from work. When you step inside, it looks bigger than my 2720SL 'cause there are no bath walls and wardrobe to break up the interior. There is no range and/or oven, there are fewer lights and windows, tile floors instead of carpet and the step stool is stored under one of the back seats. The fridge is a compact 110vac model like you would get at the local appliance outlet. They will sleep 8 as advertised. 2 on each double bed and 2 on each dinette conversion. Note that the 1st unit has no heat and the 2nd has no air. 1st one listed in Louisiana, 2nd one listed in Ohio. The one with no heat has no gas bottles mounted. It looks like the dealers are going to stock these with a minimum of options installed. The overall quality appears to be the same as any of the other TM models.
Mike

Bill
03-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Boy, I don't know about this. These are supposed to be aimed at the rental market, right? Part of the purpose of a rental unit is to introduce a potential buyer to your product. If I spent a few days or a week in such a stripped down unit - especially if there were 8 (!) people, I sure wouldn't be impressed.

On a couple of occasions years ago, my family of four rented a Class C motor home from Cruise America, and toured around the American west. Those units were spiffy, fun, and easy to use. Much later, when we got to thinking about buying something, the memory of those units was so good that the first thing we did was go back to Cruise America to check out used units. For a number of reasons, we ended up with a TM, and I'm glad we did, but the 2619 Sport model isn't going to create the kind of memory that will bring the rental customer back to TM.

Just my opinion.

Bill

fcatwo
03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I wonder how their weight compares to their fully stocked siblings. If they are significantly lighter (like 500lbs) they may allow owners of slightly less capable TVs to move up from canvas and still stay within their GCWR. Our move from a Honda Odyssey minivan to a Toyota Tundra PU TV cost us 6MPG Running solo and 4MPG towing. A young family who uses their TM for an annual vacation and a few weekends per year may not see the logic in that.

Bill
09-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Maybe. But remember, the tow vehicle still has to equipped with a brake controller, a 7-pin electrical connector, and a Class III/IV weight-distributing hitch. Would the family you describe have those? I'm not sure.

Bill

ameridan
09-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I wish I'd had the option of eliminating the oven, furnace, hot water heater, propane tanks, etc when I bought my 1999 2619! I've never used any of these options and simply removed my propane tanks soon after purchase. I would miss the 12v fridge, the wardrobe and bathroom though.

Bill- the dealer sells the vehicle prep after you're sold on the RV (or "throws it in for free")