PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

jimair1548
03-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Would someone help me, with info on how to place a picture in the upper corner of the my posts. The pic that I want to install is in a picture file, in the documents file of my computer, and I'm guessing that it would have to be GREATLY reduced in size, and then, in some manner, loaded onto the Trailmanor site. Many of you have pics on your threads, and I think it ads a nice touch. I am slightly computer challanged, so any help would be greatly appreciated....Jim

Bill
03-18-2005, 06:45 PM
T'ain't hard at all, Jim.

First, go up to the Reference Library (TM Info You Won't Find Anywhere Else). Find the post about shrinking your pictures - it describes how to make them smaller. You will be using Microsoft Paint.

Following the procedure there, I suggest shrinking the picture to maybe 10% of the current height and width. When you have done so, click Image > Attributes. You can now see the size of the shrunken picture, measured in pixels (picture elements). Your goal is to get down to 80 x 80 pixels or less. If it is still too big, just shrink it some more, until you finally reach the required size.

When you get down to 80 pixels, save the shrunken picture on your computer. Save the new (small) version under a different name if you don't want to lose the original (large) version.

Then, go to the top left of any forum page and click User CP (User Command Post). From the menu, click on Edit Avatar (the tiny picture you are trying to get is called an "avatar". Who knows why.)

When you see the sample avatar window, scroll down to the bottom. Be sure to click "Custom Avatar", and then in the box called "Upload an Avatar", type the path and name of your newly-shrunk picture file. Click Save Changes, and you should be done.

Shoot me a quick PM if this doesn't make sense.

And then, you might want to delete your earlier post with the HUGE picture ...

Bill