PDA

View Full Version : New 3023 Rolls off line Friday

10-10-2002, 02:32 PM
:D
The time is finally here, our new TM 3023 is due to come off the line this Friday.  Will pick it up from the dealer Tuesday or Wednesday with the first trip set for the 26th.

Lots of great info on this site - Thanks.  Next two weeks will be spent building our list, buying a set of kitchen supplies, bedding, etc.  Will do a lot of learning as well.

Thanks again for all of your contributions that I spent hours reading while going through this whole process.

KB7OUR
10-10-2002, 03:52 PM
PJ, Our 3023 should be a week behind yours. Did you opt for the second couch or 2 chairs and table?

Wade

10-11-2002, 06:07 PM
We decided on the two chairs and end table.  The dealer had the two couches that we were able to see in several units, but for us it just seemed crowded.  We decided the chairs would give a feeling of more room only because the backs don't go across the whole area.  Also, we liked the idea of the tv on the table as the kids usually watch tv laying down.  Leaves the big couch with a good angle to the screen.

We also decided to order for the color selection.  The dealer had everything in blue and we wanted the other choice.

KB7OUR
10-11-2002, 10:37 PM
PJ, Sounds nice. What do you think of the chair arrangement now that you have the unit? Also, what color choice did you go with - the green? We opted for the 40 gal fresh water, swing away hitch, privacy curtain across the front wall of the bathroom, among other goodies.

Wade

10-13-2002, 10:55 AM
I will let you know Wade.  It came off the line Friday, but our dealer won't get it until Monday.  They will prep it, and we will pick up either Tuesday or Wednesday.  

I didn't know about the 40 gallon option or would have ordered it.  We have the swing away hitch, TV antenna, A/C, Awning, and a couple of other items that were part of the RV show package when I ordered.  The green is the color we picked with almond counters.

10-15-2002, 12:37 PM
Wade - What did the dealer charge for the 40 gallon fresh water option.  I pick up the 3023 in the morning from the dealer, and they are going to give me a price to order and install.

KB7OUR
10-19-2002, 01:25 PM
PJ,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I believe we paid $70 for the upgrade to a 40 gal fresh water tank -- it will occupy nearly all the space under the couch. We found that TM will do some options that aren't offered on the "options list". This is one of them. The extra wardrobe area privacy curtain is another. I even asked about a larger drain plug for the fresh water tank (to fill quicker from outside) but this was not possible as the tanks come pre-configured from a 3rd party. Overall, got an excellent price on the unit. The ETA on ours is one or two more weeks. Seems like we chose most of the same options, except we went with the blue color scheme and granite counters.

Wade

10-20-2002, 06:25 AM
Wade,

We are very happy with our unit.  I took a look under the couch where the 40 gallon would go.  I think I will just store 2 extra 10 gallon jugs under there if we dry camp configured with an adapter to refill the 20 gallon tank.  We went through the unit pretty closely for imperfections with the dealer.  Did not have anything that we could find to complain about.  :D

First four day trip is Saturday to NC.  Looking forward to it.  By the way, we love the two chair option.  They swivel and can be moved or taken out for extra room.  They can even be used outside in a screen room if you have one!

Good luck with your unit!

10-21-2002, 03:30 PM
When I need extra water I carry a 6 gallon jug made by Reliance that I got at walmart for about $8. It has a spout that fits into the TM and fills it quickly. Most of the time the internal water tank is sufficient for me as is. I would consider the extra weight of the water and lost storage before adding a larger tank.

KB7OUR
10-21-2002, 04:31 PM
Doug,

You are right in that there is a cost to pay for the extra large water tank. That cost is of course reduced cargo space and more weight, assuming the tank is topped off (best full so as not to slosh around). For my needs it was fairly easy to rationalize that instead of carrying a couple of extra water containers, it is the same difference to simply purchase a larger fresh water tank and carry it all in one place. Also purchased a countertop PUR water filter so now I won't need to carry an extra 5 gal of drinking water -- I'll just use the one tank for all H2O needs. The space previously occupied by the extra water containers (usually the truck but sometimes the trailer) can be used for whatever else needs to be packed for a trip. Either method has its pros and cons but water volume occupies the same space no matter where you chose to carry it or how you divide it up ;). This is why I was contemplating the second couch with drawers to offset the loss in storage, but in the end opted for the two chairs and dresser for a more open feeling. Also, figuring that I could build a replica of the longer couch or factory order the smaller one with drawers and install it later if the arrangement we chose doesn't work out as hoped. Having owned a 2720SL for a short time helped make these choices a bit easier for us -- we gained space with a corner cabinet by the stove, under the sink (no water tank there), what's left under the long couch is about the same as the 2720 we had, plus we have an extra chair and a dresser with inside storage. This will work well for our family of 4 plus 1 Golden K9. Your mileage may vary.

Wade