PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a "a screw loose?"

JessWD
03-05-2005, 04:28 PM
I just read this on a HiLo trailer forum:

Before the Hi-LO I had a Trailmanor and traded UP to the Hi-LO. The
Trailmanor after only one year of usage was falling apart screw by
screw...

Anyone notice an unusual number of screws coming loose on your TM?

JessWD

Denny_A
03-06-2005, 10:28 AM
....Leon's comments. On any vehicle which moves on highways and secondary roads, vibrations cause stuff to loosen. If one has a regular schedule of checking stuff, the items are caught and corrected before becoming a problem.

In that regard, in 3 yrs, I've had only a couple of problems that weren't caught early. The TrailManor is well made, given the extra moving parts involved in the opening-closing mechanism (inside & out). Its low profile, ingenuity of the design and towing stability is the attraction. That's why I bought the TM.

Denny_A

B_and_D
03-06-2005, 06:13 PM
The only screws I've lost are the ones I've taken out to get at or fix something and then dropped on the ground where I couldn't find them.

Cateye
03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Yep...this was a pervasive problem on my 2003. I went through and locktighted them as they came loose...

Harry Womack
03-10-2005, 08:24 PM
As screws come loose in the the walls and floor I change them out with a Rivnut and machine screw. A Rivnut is a pop rivet with a machine thread inside of the rivit.
My wall pulled loose in front of the tire on the side by the door on my 2005 3124KB trailer. The factory installed a piece of angle iron on the floor to screw the wall to. The problem with the wall is that it is too short between the door and the wheel well. The trailer uses the wall to help the frame from flexing. The wall pulled loose bringing it home from the dealer. It was a long trip, Cleveland to Dallas