PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a lounge...

tucsoncarol
01-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I posted this same thing in the "Off topic" area as "Help me out here...", and I think that was the wrong way to go. Several folks read it, but I haven't gotten any suggestions yet and I really need them. Here goes...

This is such a well prepared and discriminating group, that I know I can count on you to help me pick camping lounges. I have seen the ones at Camping World, looked at the LaFuma, on-line. What other choices are out there? How do these two compare? Keeping in mind that the mister is 6'6" and generously sized, my options, I know, are limited. He liked the Camping World large size for width, but still too short for full comfort. The LaFuma XL is supposed to be longer than others, but we can't find a local dealer to test it out. We can't be the only Goldilocks out here, looking for just the right one. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks.

tridach
03-08-2005, 10:29 AM
We have LaFuma's at the house, but decided not to take them on the road. I have seen the same chair at Bed, Bath and Beyond for a good bit less. They are absolutely the most comfortable loungers though! I have replaced the stretchy cord on the ones at home because of heavy use!!! You can't go wrong. Sierra Trading Post (sierratradingpost.com) often has them at a discount too. Hope this helps!

Factor
03-08-2005, 06:30 PM
This is not a sales pitch. One of the best loungers I know of is my Quetico Chair, in Montana it's called the Montana Chair, in Maine the Penobscot Chair and in Michigan, the Laid Back Chair. It's a sling back rocker with a foot rest.
John
2004 3023TM
2003 Montana AWD

Paul_Heuvelhorst
03-08-2005, 11:26 PM
...and John,
Please share with the rest of us where we can find this "Quetico Chair" that you tout so highly? Can you refer us to a website?

Thanx for your response so all of us can check it out for ourselves.

Factor
03-09-2005, 08:05 AM
I repeat, this is not an attempt to sell the chairs I make, because I do not ship outside Northwestern Ontario. I would not use this site in this manner. After posting yesterday, I decided to check out the Laid Back, Montana and Penobscot chair and could not find the web sites I visited a few years ago. The Laid Back was a company in Michigan near the Mackinaw Bridge. This chair can be made in different sizes and is so comfortable one might fall asleep in it. If you want to see the chair, here is the web site. http://cottagefurniture.bizland.com
John

armistjb
03-09-2005, 08:02 PM
John:

Visited the site. Nice stuff! It seems we enjoy some of the same interests but my Adirondack chairs don't fold.

John