PDA

View Full Version : New owner (1990 M-26) questions

09-23-2002, 12:48 AM
Thanks to the advice from several members of this group, and the overwhelming positive experience of other owners, I am now the proud owner of a 1990 M-26 (3023 in today's model naming scheme).  I drove almost 900 mi round-trip on Saturday to pick it up.  I thought I was bringing back an M-22 (2619) since the owner advertised it as 26 ft long, and I understood the 2619 to mean 26 ft open, 19 ft closed.  Now I see on the TrailManor web site that it means 26 ft "Equivalent Travel Trailer Size-Open".  What the heck is that supposed to mean?  Well, I bought it anyway, though the extra length means I must store it outside instead of in the garage.  Interior is in great condition, exterior looks like a 12-year old travel trailer:  normal paint fade and dents/scrartches.  Purchase price was $5050.  From what I can tell I got a great deal!

I have two immediate "problems" I would like to take care of, though:
No owner's manual or documentation of any kind.  Would I be able to get one from the factory?  If anyone else on the board has one, I would be happy to pay for photocopying or scanning and shipping costs.
When in the closed position, there is a gap between the seal on the rear of the front shell and the top of the rear shell.  This gap is nearly 1" at the ends.  Do I need to replace this seal?  Is this a major undertaking?  The trailer is currently sitting in an extreme nose-up angle to prevent rain water from running in through this gap, but I am worried leaves and debris blowing in and even rodents sneaking in.

oilspot
09-23-2002, 04:42 AM
I have the same gap and haven't had any problems so far.  However, I think my TM would do well with a tune-up from the factory or some other trained/experienced individual.

It doesn't sound too bad.  Don't forget there is a double seal (one on each half).

You may be able to adjust the latches to close the gap a bit, but be carefull not to overstress the catch and tear it out....  
If I get mine adjusted, I'll post what I did to correct things.

09-23-2002, 07:27 AM
Just call the factory and they will send you an owner's manual notebook.  At least they did for me!

Happytrails
09-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Yes, on the manual, TM offers one that is VERY detailed for about $20.00. I purchased one myself although my TM is a little different than the newer models and has different appliences etc.......but for general info, it's really good. It's around 1/2" thick. Again, the "equivelent" thing is derived out of the fact TM's open up over the hitch giving you that much extra room you wouldn't have in a conventional trailer when it's fully opened up, (as well as open rearward as well).

Happytrails..........

11-01-2002, 05:01 AM
???  I am wanting to order a cover for my TM from the factory.  can some one give me a phone number to call and place an order?  Thanks bet :D

Gene
11-01-2002, 07:49 AM
??? I am wanting to order a cover for my TM from the factory. can some one give me a phone number to call and place an order? Thanks bet :D
The factory phone number is 865-426-7426. Ask for Jimmy Davis.

micbeth1981
01-03-2008, 06:03 AM
thanks,i need one to,and can anyone tell me why my awning will crank up but not out?mike

Bill
01-03-2008, 01:37 PM
You've responded to a 6 year old thread. A better phone number would be (800) 707-7061. Jimmy Davis died several years ago - you'll want to ask for Ed Lytle.

Bill