PDA

View Full Version : Added new 15 amp circuit to 3023

ripp1202
10-13-2004, 06:36 PM
I took out the 15 amp gfci breaker and added a twin 15 amp breaker,then I fished a new wire to the breaker box from under the kitchen sink throught the floor with a fish tape then I took the plug apart in the bath room 3 #14/2 romex on plug seperated and found the feed wire and the one wire to the plug by ref. the other wire went over to the counter by the stove this is the new 15 amp circuit on by itself I then added a gfci plug in the bathroom and that also protect the plug by ref and the other plugs Then I mount a box under the kitchen sink and tied in the new fished wire and wire to the counter plug by stove with another gfci so now I have two 15 amp circuit!! and all the plugs are gfci protected !!! Now I can run the microwave, tv,DW hair dryer and KIDS sony box loving it :new_evil: The rip

Bill
10-13-2004, 09:20 PM
This is a nice piece of work, Rip. The board has had a number of posts about the limitations of a single string of outlets on one 15-amp breaker, and i have popped that breaker once or twice myself. With two strings, both GFI-protected, most of those problems are solved.

Thanks for the tip!

Bill