PDA

View Full Version : shell alignment trouble

jpruss
09-30-2004, 02:09 PM
I recetly purchased a 1991 26 with front slide we have spent a lot of time cleaning and preping to our needs. We have only been out one time an most went well but the front clam shell now seems to lean to the right and it drags as you open it so you must open the door top before opening or closing to prevent damage to side. Also from the rear you can see a much larger space on the left side top even closed it seems to list to right.
Is there an adjustment. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim :confused:

G-V_Driver
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Boy are you in luck. By this time tomorrow you will know more about the TM lift mechanism than TM does. Just fasten your seat belt and wait for these guys to get you fixed up.

paul street
09-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Sounds like my unit; 1998 2720SL. Only thing is, sounds like the lean is to the opposite side; as in curb side.

After reading other postings, and admonitions of being careful relative to not making it worse with my 'newbie' approach, have decided to take it to the factory in Tennessee.

Tried to locate local dealer, qualified dealer that is, and just did not feel comfortable with their responses. Seems as if the factory does not have a certification program for such a drastic measure as this is.

Good luck. Will keep board posted when return from factory in December.

Paul
:new_newbi

I recetly purchased a 1991 26 with front slide we have spent a lot of time cleaning and preping to our needs. We have only been out one time an most went well but the front clam shell now seems to lean to the right and it drags as you open it so you must open the door top before opening or closing to prevent damage to side. Also from the rear you can see a much larger space on the left side top even closed it seems to list to right.
Is there an adjustment. Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim :confused: