PDA

View Full Version : Last call for parts off 2619

Shane826
03-20-2023, 07:15 PM
The roofs came off today. Whatever is left is now exposed to rain and (hopefully no more this year) snow. I’m cutting up the roofs tomorrow and the bottom box won’t be far behind. What you want, what you need?

Bill
03-21-2023, 08:47 AM
It breaks my heart to see the sad remains. I would love to have the big black 30-amp power cord, but I don't even see it in the photos, so you may have salvaged it already. And shipping to southern Maine would probably cost more than it is worth anyway.

Good luck clearing out the back yard.

Bill

Kidkraz
03-21-2023, 10:00 AM
I'll second Bill's comments. As an Air Force mechanic, it reminded me of my visit to the military's boneyard. Some still viable planes sitting there others in bits and pieces.

Shane826
03-21-2023, 05:06 PM
So the tops got butchered today. A couple notes; the foam in the roof was completely separated from the aluminum and waterlogged. Not sure which happened first, snow collapse or water intrusion, because the roofs were in pretty awful shape.

Also I ripped one of the roofs lengthwise and then shot a video to settle the debate once and for all that there are no support beams in the roof. The shape of the roof holds the shape of the roof. The website won’t let me post it here but if you want to see it I can send you the video somehow.