PDA

View Full Version : Hi from San Diego

sdguero
02-02-2023, 03:33 PM
Prospective TM owner here. 2 adults, 3 kids and 2 dogs. Looking for a trailer under 25' long and 8ft tall that can sleep all of us... ;)

Bill
02-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Looking for a trailer under 25' long and 8ft tall Your measurements refer to a TrailManor when it is closed down? In other words, garage-storage measurements? All TM's are less than 8 feet tall when closed, and more than 8 feet tall when open. A 3124-series model, the biggest one currently made, is 24 feet long when closed. If you visit trailmanor.com and look at the models, you will get a pretty good idea of sizes.

Bill

sdguero
02-02-2023, 08:15 PM
Thanks Bill! Yeah that is why I'm looking at the TMs. They seem a bit more put together than the Rockwood high wall popup trailers. Wife is onboard with the TMs after I showed them to her a few days ago (she was trying to get me to drive up to Santa Margharita to buy a 2019 for $30k ha).
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2019-Trailmanor-312KB-5017621849

I'm actually more into the 2922 size wise as I think the 3124 will be very tight in the space we have and I'm worried it might hit/scratch on our driveway as it is somewhat steep.

sdguero
02-02-2023, 08:16 PM
Yes, we are parking it under a deck that is 102" tall.

Wavery
02-03-2023, 08:13 AM
Yes, we are parking it under a deck that is 102" tall.
Hi sdguero. I have a 2720SL, it is 74" tall when closed. A lot of TM owners store theirs in a normal garage. The 3124 is a bit long (at 24') for a standard garage so it depends on the depth of your deck and if there is a door that you want to close.

We had a canvas pop-up and enjoyed it a lot but as we got older (we are in our late 70's) set-up just got to be a pain. Camping in any wind or rain was always difficult. When set-up, the TM is more like a hard-sided travel trailer. Less effected by the weather.

We live in Fallbrook (North San Diego County). If I can be of assistance, don't hesitate to give a shout out. BTW, I am 6'2" and have no issues with headroom.

Bill
02-03-2023, 08:33 AM
As I imagine you know, the last two digit of the TM model number (in other words, the "20" in "2720" refer to the over length of the trailer in feet when closed. It is within a couple inches of the exact length from the front edge of the hitch to the rear edge of the bumper and rear shell. Remember also that the fold-able (or swing-away) tongue on a TM shortens the overall length by two feet, again give or take a couple inches. This swing tongue is now standard on new TMs, but has been an option on most TMs in the past.

Bill