PDA

View Full Version : Bag seal material

coralcruze
06-11-2022, 03:35 PM
Anyone know what the bag seal material is called that TM uses at the joints of the two halves?

Any idea where to source it? Shipping has become rediculousely expensive. Have to try and source it locally.

Bill
06-12-2022, 10:26 AM
There are a number of posts here on the forum that cover replacement of the bag seals. They include removal of the old seals, best material for the new ones (both canvas and foam), dimensions, installation of the new ones, and so forth. Many of these posts contain photos, and include a lot of detailed information including sources. One point that has been made several times is that you can get all the materials from the TM factory, but the cost of the material itself is quite high from the factory. Since the material is just strips of canvas and a roll of highly compressible foam strip, it makes up only a small package, and shipping cost is only a small part of the total cost. You are right - sourcing it locally would be a great idea, and I think the posts I've referenced will give you some ideas.

Use the Search tool on the term "bag seal". Good luck. It is very much a worthwhile task.

Bill

Kidkraz
06-12-2022, 10:27 AM
If you use the search option within the exterior section you could have found lots of good info. Type the words "bag seal". This is one of many discussions on replacing these seals. The attachment is from another TM owner.

Bill, can you post this attachment into the tech library?

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15153&highlight=bag+seal

coralcruze
06-12-2022, 12:13 PM
Seems like that post lost its link to pictures and further description. Unless it's just on my end?

Kidkraz
06-12-2022, 12:16 PM
It just worked for me. Even on my cell.

Kidkraz
06-12-2022, 06:34 PM
Bill, I was going thru the tech library and the pdf is already posted. Just didn't want you to duplicate your efforts.