PDA

View Full Version : RV Storage

newbees
07-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Please help me. I about to take the plunge with a Model 3124. Can anyone tell me of a reasonably priced RV storage facility in or near New York City? This baby will not fit in our garage. Thank you for taking the time. Newbees

Bill
07-28-2004, 07:17 AM
You can get a lot of information by going to Google.com and typing
RV storage "New York City"
into the search box.

The answer will depend on what size space you need, whether you want covered, uncovered, or indoor storage, what kind of security the site has, whether you need 24-hour access to your TM, how far you are willing to drive to get to the storage area, the length of the contract you will sign, and of course, what you consider "reasonably priced".

Here in Maine I am paying $50 a month for an uncovered outside space in a well-lighted video-monitored fenced lot. To get this rate, I paid for 6 months in advance. In Phoenix, I think it was around $100, which I was unwilling to pay. I think that for NYC, you should plan on something like $100 a month, but the variation seems to be wide, depending on your answers to all of the above questions.

Be sure to visit the actual storage site before you sign anything.

HTH

Bill

hhoenig
07-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Try some self storage places or boat marinas. I am in Nassau County, and I have seen these types of places offering RV storage. Good luck with your search.

Henry

newbees
07-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Bill and Henry
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have already started working on them. I will let you know how things turn out when I do pick up my Pop Up in a few weeks.
Newbees