PDA

View Full Version : Our new 3023

Factor
07-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Well, we are now owners of a new 3023. Towed it from Coloma Saturday. (550 miles) We spent four nights on the way back. Saw one TM in Minneapolis at a KOA. They were from around St, Louis, were travelling up my way. I towed it with my 2003 Montana. Did not use a WD hitch or sway bars. The Montana has the trailering package with the air pumps that level the vehicle. I know the brakes work as I missed a red light and had to slam down the brakes - it stopped in time. Generally satisfied with the TM, but, some irritants. prob. more will show up.

1) No access to the compartment that houses the water hose, hose for draining the tanks after the TM is closed. You drain the tanks, then have to partially lift the trailmanor to get the hose back in the rear compartment.

2) Door is becoming a problem - it is separating and the bottom half slips out of the clamp. All that holds them together is the clamps and the white lever.

3) No gap under the doors and fridge, so make sure toes are out of the way.

4) The real silly way they put the wing nuts for the front and rear canopy. The head of the nut keeps turning - it is not fixed behind the frame so you just keep turning the wing nut and it doesn't tighten.

5) We sure would like a screen door.

6) What do TM onwers use to have a screen room just as you exit the door? Most campers sell this as an option.

7) The two lights under the small cupboard at the back of the double bed do not work.

More to come.

John & marie

kdrickard
07-22-2004, 10:47 PM
4) The real silly way they put the wing nuts for the front and rear canopy. The head of the nut keeps turning - it is not fixed behind the frame so you just keep turning the wing nut and it doesn't tighten.

5) We sure would like a screen door.

7) The two lights under the small cupboard at the back of the double bed do not work.

I may be able to offer some quick advice on three of these:

4) Sigh, yes. Carry a small flat head screw driver and slide it into the channel towards the nut. You don't need much pressure to get it to work.

5) The factory I believe has this as an option. Search this site for some information and perhaps pictures.

7) There should be a round switch above the vent that will let the two forward light switches work. It's so you can control the lights without having to crawl over the front bed.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

ccc6588
07-22-2004, 10:49 PM
I also had the problems with the canopy. My dealer adjusted and it works now. He mentioned that this was a common problem.

I also now have the problem with the door. At an opportune time, I plan to address with my dealer who is about 130 miles away. During my last trip, campers next to us closed the door for us while we were out by putting the outside white clip engaged and left a note for us.

In some cases, I have to adjust the shells with a lot of force to align the door for it to close. This worries me for the long term. I hope the shells are not defects. I also do not know what effect the heat and cold have on the TM over time.

I understand Mr. Hulsey is working on a screen door; However, I see this as a major challenge on the TM. I am not so concerned with it.

I have also thought that it would be a good idea to have access to water tank when closed.

Hopefully, our light bulbs are just dead and it is not the wiring.

I hope the bed is right for you.