PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the 2005's?

Civil_War_Buff
07-21-2004, 09:54 AM
I got a message saying that the 2005's are out and I was wondering if anyone has seen one yet? Are there any changes? etc. etc. etc.

I like to "leverage" upgrades as I see them, so I am curious what will be in store form mine next.

Larry

Red
07-21-2004, 05:58 PM
There may be more changes than the ones I saw so someone else may add to this. They have light maple cabinets, really pretty and sleek looking. The wallpaper has a light brownish/tan faux look. There is no other wallpaper, no borders that is. The chairs that I saw were a medium green color on both the sofa and side chair. The material on the furniture was really nice, and they have a corded border along the top (not sure how to describe that). The counters have a Corian look. I saw both a light tan and a dark blue. Both were really nice. I liked all of the interior changes.
The hardware was the same as the recent years. A sort of pewter look.
I noticed the writing on the outside of the trailer is a lighter blue.
There may be other changes, but I didn't inquire.
Hope that helps,

Red

BOB_STRONG
07-21-2004, 08:31 PM
I also heard that they added another outside light on the curb side as standard. Also, the berber rug is still used, but it is a different color. The 20,000 BTU furnace is now standard, and the a/c also comes with a heat strip as standard ( I think). They have added a ceiling flourescent light over the sink instead of the other type of lights that are presently used.

tucsoncarol
07-23-2004, 01:32 AM
We just got our 2005, but I can't tell ya' what's new because I never got a close up look at older models. I do notice that some of the things people on this forum list as do-it-yourself improvements seem to be standard now. Not drastic, I know, but I was impressed that the large storage areas have lights in them, little stuff like that. I know we were told there was only one color option now, sort of a mix of slate and birch. Our curtains are a light denim color, but our couch and chair are an olive-ish green. I'd be glad to check my unit for any new stuff if you want to let me know what you're expecting.

YWORRYDOG
07-27-2004, 09:12 AM
:) I asked if the factory would upgrade to a 7300 converter when they build ours. The answere was no!!!!! Got a call today that it is now standard in the 2005 :) :) :)

Also I belive I saw an oulet near the rear bed next to the converter box. Along with 12v.

beach832
08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
We just picked up our 05 3124KB on Friday. As near as I can recall from looking at the 04's in June:

Flourescent lights over the stove, sink and rear bed compartment. The rest are incandescent.

As said before there are only two color schemes to pick from tan and blue. The couches are, well pretty ugly (IMO), but they should hide the dirt fairly well.

I recall the cabinets in the 04 as being of a darker wood, but I could be wrong.

There are exterior lights on both sides of the trailer. One by the door and one on the hookup side. We haven't been out yet to test out how well the lights work in "real darkness" seemed okay in city lights.

Access to the electric hookup can be made with the trailer down, this may be old I just don't recall it from the model we looked at.

The furnace is a 16000 BTU and the AC has a heat strip.

YWORRYDOG
08-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Our 2720SL is to be ordered in Sept. The dealer told us that a 20000 BTU furnace was now standard. Before I start to worry and bug them, are you sure yours is only a 16? Also the colores that I have samples of are River Blue, or Green.

fcatwo
08-17-2004, 11:13 AM
Accessing the elec cord while the top is down may be a mixed blessing. One of the fool-proof benefits of the older TMs is that we can't close down and drive off with the step down and water/elec still hooked up. Even the TV antenna is more obvious if we forget to lower it. None of this would happen to any of us of course but others do it all the time:-).

beach832
08-20-2004, 10:18 PM
Chuck, the furnace may well be 20000 BTU's. There was so much covered at the time we picked it up, I could have sworn they told us 16000 but now I am doubting my memory. All my paperwork is buttoned up inside the TM in our driveway, OH BOY an excuse to pull it out and pop it up. I'll check and let you know. I have pictures of both the blue and tan upolstery and can email if you want.

Scott

G-V_Driver
08-27-2004, 10:06 AM
In the 2005 3124 KS, the furnace has been moved under the sofa (further from the bed and maybe better muffled by the surrounding fabric and foam) the fresh water tank has been moved under the sink and the battery has been relocated to the rear of the trailer. The result is that the space behind all four cabinet doors under the counter (next to the fridge) now extends all the way to the wall and creates a cavernous amount of storage in one centralized location. The fluoresecent lights consume less power, but don't seem to generate as much light. Probably good for the boon-dockers, but of perhaps less significance to us more refined campers. The horizontal LP tanks have been dropped so that they are contained within the V-frame, but that may be 2004 change.

Many people (including some dealers and me) aren't sold on the green interiors. Maybe it will grow on us. An extra electric outlet and TV plug are now available for the bed area, along with the shelf that has been mentioned on this site.

genesc
09-01-2004, 01:52 PM
The TrailManor website is now being revised and updated. It has preview photos of the 2005 TrailManor showing interior colors and changes. www.trailmanor.com.

mjlaupp
09-01-2004, 06:08 PM
Wuz there today, the web site that is. I wanted to show a friend the moving picture of the opening of a TM. It's gone. :crying:

Bill
09-02-2004, 06:46 AM
One of the board members had copied it onto his TM web site. You might rummage down through the Website Links.

Bill