PDA

View Full Version : Door leaks when washing the TM

revmrbill
07-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I have a 2004 3023 brand new. I had a problem the other day during routine cleaning while the trailer was in its upright position, while washing the TM, After rinsing the soap off the door I opened the door and found a big puddle of water on the vinyl floor in front of the door, being new to TM I was not sure that this should happen.

Has this happened to anyone else if so is there a good fix to keep this from happening again.

As an addendum, we had a horrible South Alabama thunderstorm last night, heavy winds and must have rained four inches in one hour, went out to check the TM, no water on the floor, but when I rinsed the trailer today water again, I am stumped :o

revmrbill
07-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Thanks Texas-Camper,

I thought that also, and I did not use high pressure the last time just a shower spray pattern and it still leaked, I started looking at the door from the inside and I can see daylight coming through at the bottom of the door and on the right hand corner as you are looking at it from the inside. I looked at the rubber seals at that corner and it appears that the rubber seal that is supposed to make the seal have gotten crunched up in the wrong direction, so I have tried to straighten out this seal and see if will take its original memory back. But seeing day light at the bottom of the door bothers me. Any advice ???

Thank you for the welcome its great to know there is a web site and a board like this where TM Owners can come and share.

KUDOS and Many thanks to Chris Tretta for keeping it up, He is Marvelous :) :) :) :)

revmrbill
07-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks alot Texas-Camper,my dealer is in Georgetown Texas and I am in Foley Alabama, and the dealer we have in Mobile is not friendly and helpful at all, may have to go to the factory to get it solved,

Not being nosey, but what part of Texas are you from ???

My wife is from a little town 50 miles south of Amarillo, one of our favorite places to camp is in Palo Duro canyon, because
"THE STARS AT NIGHT ARE BIG AND BRIGHT DEEP IN THE HEART OF CANYON"

Windbreaker
07-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Tell your wife I grew up in Friona. I take it she was in Tulia. A cop from Friona went to Tulia by the name of Moorman, did she know the twins?

BOB_STRONG
07-23-2004, 08:53 PM
Having owned 3 TrailManors since 1992, I have learned after the first one to put a towel down in front of the door to absorb any water before washing it. All 3 have leaked at the bottom when spraying the water under pressure. Using the towel saves having water going all over the place.

revmrbill
07-25-2004, 06:03 PM
Thank you Bob_Strong I think that will do the trick, I appreciate your help!!