PDA

View Full Version : 2004 3124KB for sale, $4950., Custer, S.D.

pauloh
02-24-2021, 01:00 PM
2004 TrailManor 3124KB, $4950, Custer, South Dakota

UPDATE March 1, 2021. I've taken a deposit and this TM is SOLD. To be paid in full and picked up by March 15. If that falls through I will update this listing immediately to re-list it. Thank you.

This is a long description but I’m trying to tell you everything I know about our TrailManor for sale. Let me know if you have any questions at all, and we could set up a Skype video call if you’d like a “tour”. I will try to deal honestly and fairly. Will also consider meeting you for delivery depending on distance. For more information, please email me initially at [email protected] (my name is Paul Horsted, I'm a photographer) and I will reply within a few hours at most. We can trade phone numbers when appropriate.

And BTW, it's been great being part of the TM family and this owners' group. Thank you for your help with my past questions!

There are many more photos of this unit at this link (if allowed by admin):
https://www.paulhorsted.com/2004-3124KB-for-sale/n-GnDkVL/

Our daughter left for college last year and we’ve downsized to a different camper. So we are selling our 2004 TrailManor 3124KB, located near Custer, South Dakota (in the Black Hills, not far from Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial). Weight-distributing hitch is included in the sale price (Reese brand, in good condition).

We purchased this unit from the original owner in 2010, out of Denver, CO. I have the title in hand. We are a non-smoking family of three people.

Features and upgrades:
Factory upgrades include the hanging kitchen cabinet (above sink) and the extra silverware drawer.
I put a valve on the water tank drain (so water tank can be filled when the TM is folded down).
I installed a steel plate “mud flap” installed behind the driver’s side wheel, to protect the drain pipes in case of tire blowout (never happened). There’s a custom-fit canvas cover included with this TM. We always had that on when storing it (additional notes about this cover below).
New crank-up roof vents (after hail) and added the MaxxAir vent covers over them (see photos). The Air Conditioning shroud/cover was also replaced at this time.
New Maxxis trailer tires approx. 5000 miles ago, about 8 years ago. There is an inflated spare in the holder beneath the camper, plus another tire available in the rear storage. Although the tires are in very good condition and have little tread wear, it may be time to think about replacing them as insurance against problems in the future.
I kept the “EZ-Lube” axles well-greased. One wheel seems to weep a little grease to the outer wheel, but not much. (See photo). I often checked the wheel temperatures with a laser thermometer and they never got hot even on long trips.
Two deep-cycle 12V batteries are included and mounted on the tongue box. We did not often “boon dock” but these were useful at times.
I installed a few LED’s in place of factory light bulbs at selected fixtures. Most of these work well, some are dimmer than original lighting (which we preferred at night, etc.) You can go back to regular light bulbs as desired, the original sockets remain in place.
New kitchen faucet installed about 2017.
We got this idea from the TrailManor forums: We removed the bathroom door to give more “room” in the bathroom and to simplify operation. The original door and the screws that held it in place were carefully preserved, wrapped in plastic, and will be included with the TM upon sale.
I replaced the main toilet seal around 2015 after it developed a minor leak. No leaks since that time. I should add: We never, ever used the toilet for “#2”, only for #1. We didn’t do much boon docking, only using developed campgrounds or National Parks with bathrooms.

What works perfectly:
This camper tows great. I used a 2007 Toyota 4Runner with V8.
The AC runs cold. The propane furnace works as designed, just turn up the thermostat and it lights itself.
The stove and oven work as designed.
The refrigerator/freezer works on 110v or gas with no issues. It gets cold. It is designed to run on 12v also, but we never tried it that way as we did not boondock often or if we did we used propane.
We used the hot water on propane 100% of the time. It works great. It will run on electric too but we just never used it that way. I’ve replaced the “sacrificial anode” recently as I was checking it anyway.
All interior lights, all running lights, the factory Fantastic Fan near the door, all work fine with one minor exception mentioned in the next section.
The roof does NOT leak (as of heavy rain late in the summer of 2020.)

What’s wrong with this unit:
It shows normal signs of wear for its age but is in good condition overall.
It has hail damage on the roof, and very slightly on one side (no windows were broken). The hail broke the roof vents and AC cover, which I replaced (mentioned above). The hail damage to the roof has not caused ANY leaks. We had it out in heavy rain again this past summer (2020) with no leaks whatsoever. I have touched up the caulk on the roof at times as further insurance against leaks.
There are a few marks or wear marks on the interior walls, where the TM rubs when folded down and towed down the highway.
The curtains have some water stains from condensation on cold mornings, and from windows being accidentally left ajar at times when it rained. The blue curtains are original to the TM and somewhat faded, but are in good shape, no holes, and still cover the windows completely when needed.
The bag seals (on the outer shell roof when the TM is “up”) have quite a bit of UV/sun damage and some holes. I repaired them a couple times with duct tape or gaffer’s tape. I can see no negative effects from this issue…water cannot get in at that junction. You can’t see the issue from ground level when the camper is set up, and they are nearly invisible except from the back when it is down.
The original carpet in the “hall” area by the bathroom was removed. The shower-tub overflowed one time 10 years ago, so we pulled up the carpet that got wet. We replaced it with a carpet runner that can be taken outside for cleaning, we thought this more convenient. There was no damage to the floor from water due to the construction of the metal panels used by TrailManor which don’t absorb water. Absolutely no aftereffects from this overflow except the carpet removal.
The stereo/radio/CD player works, but one speaker is “noisy” and probably needs to be replaced due to age. We did not use it much.
The outer shells’ “tension” springs probably need adjusting. The shells do not seem as easy to open as seen in TrailManor videos. As a 180-lb. man 59 years of age, I can open them with a little effort. My wife has some difficulty without help. Adjusting the jack to lower the front shell before opening, and doing same for the rear shell, helps this process if needed.
Related to the above, the shells latch securely, but sometimes have trouble disengaging to raise the inner shell. It takes a little extra push along the side of the shell, near the latch, to get it to let go. It has been this way for at least 10 years and we got used to it. I have replaced some of the shell latches over the years when they showed wear and I thought this was a good safety improvement.
One light fixture above the dining table quit working. I took it out to fix but it had shorted and plastic parts could not be repaired. There are still 3 other fixtures above this area providing plenty of lighting.
There is a crack along one edge of the front window exterior stone shield. I repaired it with duct tape and that has held for several years.
The canvas cover included with this unit has an area along the rear corners where a squirrel chewed it. This was repaired with additional canvas, but it’s not a neat job. The cover still does a good job of protecting the TM when folded down for the winter or at other times.
The bathroom sink drain “p-trap” sometimes disconnects after towing on a bumpy road. It’s OK 90% of the time but should be checked when opening the unit. Simply push the drain pipe into the trap again. I never got around to making a permanent repair (perhaps with rubber tubing that could handle some “bumps”.)
That’s all I can think of for issues. This is a decent trailer for its age, will keep you dry, and is structurally sound with a few cosmetic issues. Let me know if you have any questions! [email protected], my name is Paul.

BeeGeeSHO
03-10-2021, 08:34 PM
If by chance your WDH wasn’t included in the sale of your TM, please let me know, I’d certainly be interested.

Thank you,

Brandon