PDA

View Full Version : 3023 (1995) leak over bathroom window

dwhilsdorf
07-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Finally got a better look at why there seemed to be mold on some caulking at the wall/ceiling molding in the bathroom. This may have been going on for some time. Thinking the previous owner dealt with it by caulking the interior molding :-( Took off the molding and saw that the water is entering where some of the wires drop from the roof section.

Took a look at the roof (outside) and saw some possible areas water might be getting in along the driver side. "Touched up" with silicone caulk without doing the entire length of the rear section.

So far no new 'trails' down the wall, but the wood where the wires exit (see attached photo) was pretty saturated.

The next major downpour I climbed up the ladder to survey the situation. Water was pooling at the gasket between front & rear section in the vicinity- not what I expected. I thought the water would run down the side. It does, but slowly, even after cleaning the area.

Since then I 'guessed' that maybe the water was supposed to run off the back, so have been deliberately pitching the trailer so the water would do so. According to the level on the frame, it's not level, and the water nows runs off the back.

Thoughts/comments appreciated. Not sure how much to worry about the wood inside the wall. Sounds like a major job. More interested in preventing further damage and what people think the intended drainage path is.