PDA

View Full Version : Just looking at TM ( I think)

06-23-2003, 01:57 PM
I have been wanting to get another camping rig since I sold my old Coachman 24' MH. I saw what I think is a TM today at a dealer nearby. It caught my eye from the road since it almost looked like a pop up but not quite.
I was only half ready to by but the nore I think about it the more i want it. It's a '96 model, looks like it was kept up pretty well inside but the salesman told em it has some rotten wood on one side. The los has about $4000 in it and I could probabaly get it for even less since they need to clear off some of the trailers and it isn't moveing because of the needed work. i am a pretty good carpenter, much better than at that than mechanics.
My budger is in bad shape so I will have to tow it home and for the next few months use my old Chevy station wagon. I know that is not a decent towing vehicle but in the past I towed a 19 foot shaster (old one) wiht a similar station wagon.
I am now wondering if the wagon will even pull it at all.
Also as I said, I am not sure what it is other than that it folds down like a pop up. I seem to remember the words "Tow Light" on the front of it. Is it a TM or a sililar trailer? Are there other brands that fold like this?

Katyw

Windbreaker
06-23-2003, 02:45 PM
If it said Tow Lite, it is not a TrailManor. There is a Tow Lite trailer. Go to TrailManor.com to see a TM.

BobWilson
06-23-2003, 03:33 PM
First of all when you mentioned it has rotten wood I thought that seemed odd because mine has very little wood except interior furnishings.

The Hi-Lo Trailer has a series of models called TowLite

click here to go to that website (http://www.hilotrailer.com/rvbuilder/default.asp)

They are a bit heavier than the Trailmanors and are motorized to go up and down.

Bob W.

06-24-2003, 01:56 AM
Thanks. I think it is a tow lite. Can't find any pics of the 96 models but it is very similar to one of the currrent models there.
Katy

Happytrails
07-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Wow, I must have missed this thread. I just checked out the towlites by Hi-Lo, per Bob's link, and seems their largest unit is still a LOT smaller than the equivelent 2720 TM.

Happytrails.........