PDA

View Full Version : outside light switch

swamperk
02-27-2019, 01:26 PM
the light switch on the front and back side sometimes they are on somethimes i cannot turn them on,,,need to replace the switches

tentcamper
02-27-2019, 01:59 PM
FYI, My TM, the porch light switch on the inside needs to be on for some of the lights to work. Looking out the door its on the upper right side of the door.

On my camper the switch supplies power to the light outside next to the door and on the curbside front light. I try to leave the inside switch on when I travel, just incase I need lights on that side of the trailer when traveling.

Also, I have had some of the outside lights not want to work, but if I click them on and off about a dozen times they will start working. I think the contacts start to tarnish and turning them on and off cleans them a little.

commodor47
02-27-2019, 02:48 PM
If your porch light is a Command product, you can find the replacement switch here: http://www.commandelectronics.com/new-products/command-replacement-switches?rq=04-8 As tentcamper suggests, first make sure you've turned on any inside switches that control power to the outside (porch) light before assuming they are faulty.

Dick

oldstick
03-03-2019, 07:43 PM
A common problem with the outside light fixtures is the socket itself or, most likely, the ground wire connection underneath the light fixture. At least on our 2003, the outside light sockets have a separate ground wire attached to the metal skin underneath with a screw. Removing the fixture and cleaning up the oxidation on these connections fixed the flaky behavior of both my outside lights. Use a little automotive bulb grease on the socket and connections to hopefully slow down any future oxidation.